Chapter 42- Time

(BACK TO NORMAL P.O.V)

You watch as Sans opens his mouth to talk however, nothing comes out. Sans struggles to say the words that he wants to say.

He takes a deep breath in as you wait patiently, slightly swirling your feet in the water.

"We have met each other before I hit you with that rock." He confesses as he keeps his eyes on the water.

Confused, you stay silent.

"I'll start from the beginning, shall I?" He says with a sad smile.

"My father wasn't... a nice man. He did experiments on me and my brother but he never got caught. I couldn't say anything to anyone or else he would threaten to hurt Papyrus. Papy couldn't say anything because he was too scared.

I got sick of my brother getting hurt because of me, so one day I said to my dad that I only wanted him to do experiments on me. In return, he wouldn't hurt Papy.

He agreed.

The week after, he tried an experiment that would create a monster so powerful- it would break the barrier.

Unfortunately, it didn't work causing just me and my father to merge creating the mess that you can see. I wasn't always like this though. My magic used to be blue like yours.

The experiment exploded the whole lab practically and me and Papy didn't have anywhere to go. We went to Asgore for help and he gave us a house, food and stuff like that.

A few years later, Frisk fell down and ended up here. He was so young, the King didn't have the heart to kill him. Instead, he let the kid stay in his castle.

One day though, Papyrus told me to go do some exercise and get some fresh air. I listened.

I just wondered around until I got to the purple door.

I met you for the first time there..."

Sans blushed yellow as he said the last line.

He faintly looks over to you sharing a small smile.

"But we first met when you hit me with that rock." You state confused.

"Have you heard of timelines?" Sans asks with an eyebrow raised.

Flowey had mentioned it before to you however, you don't remember much of what he said.

"Kinda..." You mumble.

"I'll go into detail about that later." He says before clearing his throat.

"So, what happens next?"

"We met up after taking to each other through a door for a year or something.

It was basically a d-date-"

"What? We went on a date?" You interrupt Sans, starting to feel slightly happy.

Sans just turns yellow.

"Y-yeah. I showed you around Snowdin and then we..." Sans stops himself suddenly feeling rather aware of what was happening.