Chapter 13- He's Playing Piano

You try to hide your face with your hair. Did he seriously just?

Butterflies rose in your stomach but you weren't sure if you liked it or not.

Okay maybe you did.

You try shrugging it off and you start to walk towards the house.

It's a short journey as you can already see the front door and Papyrus.

It seems as if he's looking through the mailbox.

"AH! HELLO HUMAN! YOU HAVE RETURNED AFTER THREE DAYS! MAYBE THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE RETURNED, IS REALLY BECAUSE YOU LOVE MY PASTA!" Papyrus says once he sees you approaching the house.

"Yeah, it probably is." You say as you chuckle at his cuteness.

"SO ERM, WHAT BRINGS THE HUMAN HERE TODAY?" Papyrus says slightly confused.

"Frisk said that I could crash and stuff here."

"CRASH? OR TRASH?"

"I-I erm-"

"EITHER WAY HUMAN, IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO ALLOW YOU TO STAY AND 'CRASH' AT MY PLACE." Papyrus says proudly as he places his hand on his chest.

"Thanks Papyrus." You say as you give him a genuine smile.

"PLEASE, HUMAN, DO GO INSIDE. THE DOORS ALREADY OPEN!" Papyrus says before going back to looking through the mailbox.

You nod as you open the front door.

The warmth of the room is once again pleasant. It never fails to warm your body after a cold walk.

You sit yourself down on the couch, feeling slightly awkward. You had no idea what you were doing.

It was silent.

Too silent.

You squint your eyes as you scan the place, making sure there's nothing mysterious lurking around.

Then, the muffled sound of piano plays in the room. (cough play the music yea.)

It was coming from upstairs.

The sweet melody continues.

Who was playing the piano? You didn't think anyone was home.

As usual, curiosity takes over your body. You don't have control as you make your way up the stairs.

Three oak doors all lined up, waited for you.

Which one?

You place your ear on the first door. It wasn't coming from there.

It wasn't coming from the second door either.

The last door.

It's sound becomes more audible as you get closer to the last door.

Do you open it?

You were slightly scared as to what actually might be behind the door. Maybe they wanted to kill you...

Your hand traces the door knob, as you try to regain the courage to open it.

You tremble slightly, then slowly open the door.

The sound of the piano is louder and much more clearer.

It was,

Sans?

You freeze completely, he still doesn't know your there.

As silently as possible, you close the door and sit your self on the bed that is near by.

Sans keeps playing. He's completely concentrated on the keys of the piano, as he try's to remember every single note from the song.

You just watch, your mouth wide open.

All you can do is listen.

Listen to the sound.

Listen to every note,

Every chord.

It's almost like your in a trance, but not really.

You felt like this had happened before.

The same room.

The same piano.

The same music piece.

Debating with yourself whether you should do this or not, you decide to speak.

"I didn't know you could play so nicely."

Sans is startled by your voice, but he keeps on playing.

You gulp, not really knowing what you've gotten your self into this time.

"Don't bring up past memories." He snarls.

"Then don't play them."

Sans chuckles lightly.

"So you remember? The day you came out from that door and I showed you around the place? The day I played this exact piece for you? The day I-." He didn't want to finish.

You faintly remember coming out of the purple door and hugging Sans, then seeing different parts of Snowdin. After that Sans played the piano for you and then he had,

Kissed you.

The memory floods back and is completely clear.

"I'm sorry Sans." Is all you manage in a squeaky voice.

"Get out." Sans says quietly.

"I really am sor-"

"I said get out." Sans voice was slightly louder this time. Taking the hint, you run out and get back to sitting on the couch.

You fiddle with your fingers.

Sans probably hates you now.

He keeps playing though.

Why?

Does he too want to remember?

A/N: Here ya goooooo