Part 8: Back to Hogwarts

Surreal. That was the only way to describe having to leave Kalishterya and board the Hogwarts Express. The gleaming red train was billowing with thick smoke as Amelia, Lavender, Parvati and Oliver climbed aboard. They sat together and discussed their adventures.

"I can't believe you've been before!" Lavender accused Oliver. "Not fair. I would love to see the North." They found an empty compartment and everyone squished in. Amelia sat beside Parvati and across from Oliver.

"Trust me, Re'na was much more beautiful than Stone Garden." Oliver laughed. "Stone garden is all black with a little bit of blue. The land outside it was nice, but I have to say the city is not really the fanciest thing."

"The wedding was lovely. Rose looked so beautiful," Parvati smiled.

"She is so nice." Lavender bounced slightly in her seat, her curls doing the same. "And super pretty."

Parvati turned to Amelia, "It was weird seeing you be a queen, everyone was very impressed with you."

"People are impressed with Amy no matter where she goes." Oliver winked at her and she blushed a little bit.

"You know most of them just have to pretend to think of me like that?"

"You know," he paused for effect. "You're completely wrong."

"Trust me, darling." she said softly and Lavender coughed.

"We're still here," she said loftily. "So if you want to flirt get your own compartment.

Amelia was about to object but Oliver just laughed, which she appreciated. "Alright, Lav. Sorry bout that."

And on and on it went until they reached the castle. Another year at Hogwarts, and three and a half months until Amelia got to go back. She wondered if she would ever return to the house she grew up in. Probably not, maybe to take Glapp with her to Kalishterya but she couldn't picture Glapp outside the Merlin house. She didn't even want to think about running into Jeremy there.

As if she could read minds, Parvati said, "Have you talked to your brother, Amelia?"

She glowered at her friend. Over the summer, Parvati had grown extraordinarily beautiful. Not that she wasn't gorgeous before, but she was something else now. It made it sort of hard to be mad at her but Amelia could muster the feelings from somewhere.

"I don't give a dusty fuck about that shit brain." She glowered.

"Amy," Oliver tried to reason with her.

"What!"

"He sent me a letter."

She felt the air go still and stared at Oliver. His fierce blue eyes bore into hers and she noticed his freckles that had become more prominent over the summer.

She couldn't say anything as he handed the letter over to her. Amelia unfolded it carefully like she was handed a howler.

Dear Oliver,

I know Amelia must have told you by now everything that happened. Which means she told what I said to her as well. I can't expect you or her to forgive me. Just know that I thought I was doing what was right for her and our family. She is my sister and I do love her very much.

Trouble is, Oliver, I'm dying. Have been for a while now, ever since I left Akkedis. Those cigarettes Amelia hates so much aren't just for a cool effect. They're the only thing that's keeping me slightly alive. I'm in St. Mungo's now and I'm not exactly sure how much time I have left. Akkedis seems to have cursed me in some way and the doctors can't figure out what to do.