Part 43 :Home Again

"Do you want me to wait in the car?"

"No. Can you come in? But maybe just stay in the doorway. But please don't make me go back in there alone. I don't remember the last time I was in there actually."

"Yeah of course. I love you, Amelia."

"I know. I love you too, Fred." she leaned over and kissed him. They got out of the car and walked up the steps to the front doors of Amelia's childhood home. She knocked on the door and stood there waiting.

"This was a bad idea, we should leave-" she started to say but Fred just laughed.

"No, no, no. Amelia Merlin, you are not running away from this. If you're going to rule over a kingdom you have to see your mother at some point." he held her hand, she wasn't sure if it was to comfort her or to keep her from heading back to the car to hide.

"Fine." She grumbled. The doors opened in a swift motion, they almost flourished at the end. Amelia's mother stood like a silhouette in the entrance to her mansion. She was wearing a pencil skirt with a dark blue blazer and red heels. Her lips matched her shoes and her hair was yanked back into a tight bun at the back of her head. A little black hat perched like a bird on the top of her head. She looked like a very stern librarian or maybe a flight attendant.

"Amelia!" she smiled graciously. "How lovely to see you. Your brother is in the parlor. Fred, you're looking well."

"Thanks Mrs. Merlin." he grinned and stepped in.

"How's school going for you?" she spoke only to Fred and ignored her daughter as usual.

"Oh I dropped out. Full time education's not really my thing anymore." Amelia could tell how much Fred enjoyed making her mother uncomfortable.

"Oh. Well I'm sure you'll do fine with your career, whatever that may be-"

"Joke shop."

"What?" she sounded blustered.

"I'm going to run a joke shop with my brother." Fred's grin could not have been larger.

Amelia's mother smiled painfully and turned away. They walked through the silent house, the only noise was her heels clicking on the hardwood floors.

"Amelia," her mother started to say Amelia felt her throat constrict. "Try not to stomp your feet, you sound like an elephant."

"Sorry mother."

"Just try to be better." she said sweetly as they passed the portraits of old family members. Amelia could remember years ago when she would try to enchant the portraits so their faces changed and made them look uglier. As they passed her great grandmother Amelia quickly gave her a unibrow. Laughing to herself she entered the parlor.

"I'll have Glapp bring us some tea." her mother left the room, heels clicking obnoxiously.

It was the one thing that made Amelia nervous, what if Glapp would be angry that she hadn't come back? What if she had forgotten about Amelia or if she hated her? Her feet tapped on the floor and Fred looked around the room properly. His eyes gazing at the grand marble fireplace and the vases in each corner.

Fred snorted, "I never liked being in your house."

"That makes two of us." she sighed and watched as he got up from his armchair. Fred walked over to her, leaned down with his hands resting on either arm of her chair, he kissed her.
Amelia laughed, "What was that for?"

"I fucking love you Amelia Merlin." he smiled and kissed her quickly again before sitting down beside her.

"Enjoying ourselves, are we?" a voice said from behind them. She turned and saw her brother standing stoically in the doorway. Jeremy looked horrible, the skin on his face was yellow and barely stretched over his bones. He was skinny and his clothes were ragged, his hair hadn't been washed in days and he looked like absolute shit.

"Jeremy-"

"No you shut your fucking mouth you evil little bitch!" he yelled at her and Amelia was so shocked she did as he said but Fred stood up violently.

"Hey!" he said sternly. "Don't you dare talk to her like that."

Jeremy scoffed at him. "Sit down, Fred. This is a brother sister talk."

"I'm not going anywhere-" he started to say.

"Fred I think you should leave." Amelia said quietly.

"What?"

"Fred, please." he glared at her then glared at Jeremy but did as she asked.

"Looks like you've got that one pretty well whipped. Good job, Weasley's are fiesty ones, I suppose that must have been hard to tame." Jeremy sneered at her as he paced in front of her. Amelia folded her hands in her lap and looked up at him.

"Don't talk about him like that. Just tell me what happened." she said calmly.

"Oh I'll tell you, you sinful slut. I will tell you exactly what happened." he fumed and his hands shook as he lit a purple cigarette. The smoke seemed to calm him down and he began to talk, "It started in the North. Don Monatheon lost it, you read the updates I was sending you right? Yeah well Axel went to go help with the whole situation and the girl Don was keeping as a pet or something ended up killing him, apparently she couldn't control her magic. Anyways, so Don imprisoned Brice Gorodetsky and this girl. Moira showed up and tried to help but then Blaxton came back too which drove Don over the edge and he ended up executing Brice Gorodetsky which left High Valley with no heir. So the Lizards came and took that city back in a pinch. Then he also killed his sister. So Moira's dead.

Next thing you know we're ambushed by a whole fucking army of lizards, Sapana at the goddamn head of the army. Our entire force is put to sleep and made to see all these insane things so they all go mad and she wipes them out with no effort whatsoever. Al's dead by the way. don't know if you care or not." he stopped and looked at her but Amelia remained emotionless and still.

"Whatever, so then someone went and killed Kenrick Lattantio so Okamila was up for grabs by one of the families. The Fiorvante's jumped in but their insane so the whole city has completely gone to shit. There was another slave revolt and no one was able to do anything helpful about it so Okamila is currently under a civil war." his pacing grew faster as he talked and already his cigarette was out. "What the fuck is wrong with you Amelia? Your kingdom is a shit show, Moira is dead, Al is dead. We wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for him and you don't even care! Al is dead you bitch!"

Amelia stood up and her brother stopped talking he looked deranged and sad. "Jeremy," she said. "I have a plan. I can fix all of this. Don't worry about it. I'm going to save everyone."

"And how are you going to do that Amelia?"

"With this." from her pocket, she pulled out the black time turner she had stolen from the Ministry of Magic. "I can save my friends and I can save my kingdom, I just had to get this first."

Jeremy started to laugh. He looked so damn happy. His whole body shook with joy and she could see him blinking back tears. "Oh gods. We can save him."

"Here, put it over your neck." she pulled the chain around their heads. "Ready?"

Jeremy nodded and the time turner began to spin.