Part 50: Conversations Between Old Friends, New Friends and Lovers

Kaiyo.

That was the name that kept running through her head. Over and over again, like a broken record, resigned to an eternity of repetition.

Kaiyo.

Kaiyo.

Kaiyo.

She knew what it meant too. It was the name of the first Majka. The first woman in her family to make a difference and take charge. The first one to fight Akkedis in the original Game for Okamila. What Amelia couldn't figure out was why she was thinking about her. Kaiyo.

"Amy?" a hand waved in front of her face and she blinked furiously. "Hey come back to earth, darling."

Oliver chuckled. She noticed he'd gotten his haircut since the last time she had seen him. "Sorry." Amelia mumbled. "I've been a bit out of it lately."

"Is it from the Ministry?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "Because there was some really weird stuff that happened in there."

"I don't know." she said. "I guess since then, things have been a little - a little off."

"How so?" they were standing in the middle of her tent. Lavender and Parvati were unpacking their things in the next tent over, Oliver being the organized one, had already finished so he was helping Amelia.

"I don't know. I just feel like something changed after we went into the Department of Mysteries."

"I dunno. For me," he paused as he passed a pale, dusty blue cloak with white trim to her. "For me it was more like things got set into stone. I think we've started on something. Something that isn't going to change anytime soon."

A small boy wearing a red coat entered the tent. In his hand was a piece of parchment. He handed it to her and promptly left the shelter. Amelia opened the seal and started to read.

To the Girl Queen,

After your visit I'm afraid something terrible happened. To give you the short version, Akkedis and his lizards payed my family a visit. I am now the only Bellgarathon left in the world. He murdered my brothers, my sisters, my father and my mother. I ask you now to avenge their deaths. Come back to the Islands of Imagi and I will equip your army with weapons beyond your wildest dreams. I need them to pay for what they did and I believe in you, Emrys. I know you are the ruler that was promised and I know I need to help you.

Come soon.

-Caritas Saxum Bellgarathon

She handed the parchment to Oliver and sat down heavily on the bed. Her heart was pounding. This was not her fault. Akkedis had murdered the family she had stayed with and he would pay for it. There was no doubt in her mind what she had to do next. But first thing was first.

Amelia was quiet for a little bit. "Can I tell you something Oliver?"

"Yeah of course. You know the answer is always going to be yes to that question, Amy." he smiled at her and began folding the clothes she had simply thrown in her suitcase.

"Okay." she sighed and began to speak. She told him all about what Jeremy had said, with everyone dying in Kalishterya and how she was forced to choose between her friends and her kingdom. How she stole the time turner from the Ministry of Magic and used to go back and fix everything. Her success, and strange things that had been happening since then. The sailor that apparently didn't even exist anymore, the moments in time she couldn't remember. She told him how she saw the courtyard again, this time with a tree and a boy. When she finished she realized she was shaking. "I can feel it coming back, Oliver."