Part 60: The Silver Haired Boy in the Darkness

Rose struggled against his arms, screaming at the top of her lungs while he held her. How could Marco have taken him from her? How could he do this? She yelled and felt everything inside her shattering to pieces. Servants stood in the corridor outside with their hands pressed over their mouths. One woman cried, they all look stunned and horrified at the sight in front of them. Rose hated them. She hated every single one of them. How dare they feel pity for her! How dare they even exist in the moment. They didn't deserve to be here.

Rose Monatheon picked herself up off the ground and looked at all of them. Her silver hair was tangled and her dress was ripped with small marks of blood on it. She stuck out her chin in defiance and took a deep breath.

She would get him back, even if she had to kill Marco to do it.

.............

Earlier that night...

Blaxton laughed as Rose desperately tried to get Silvio to stop crying. She bounced him lightly in her arms while she swayed back and forth, cooing at the silver haired boy. It was almost midnight and she hadn't slept properly in weeks.

"Blaxton, please." she begged. "I'm exhausted, please help me."

"Darling," he laughed again, a deep booming sound. "here, pass me the little rascal."

She gladly handed over their son. The moment Blaxton held him, he stopped crying and looked up at his father. Rose glared at her husband who looked triumphantly over at her. She walked to the window and closed the curtains. She lit a few more candles and poured a glass of water.

He appeared like a shadow, a quiver against the stone wall. His black hair blurring with the stone behind him so he was barely more than a whisper of a creature. He made no sound, he barely even breathed. The only thing that made him more than mere phantom was his eyes, emeralds glowed in the darkness. That and the glint of his sword in the candlelight.

Rose dropped the glass of water and it shattered across the floor, sending crystals flying. She couldn't move much less answer Blaxton as he begged her to tell him if she was okay. Silvio started crying which shook her from the trance.

"Oh my dearest." she stroked the soft head of silver hair. "My sweet boy."

"Rose," Blaxton whispered. "What happened?"

"He's here." she said in a voice as soft as summer wind. "Be careful."

Her husband passed their child into her arms and slowly drew his sword. He was a natural warrior, Rose could tell that from his powerful stance and huntsman gaze.

"Take Silvio and get out of here." Blaxton said without looking at her. "Come out of the shadows, coward!" he called out to whoever was hiding. But Rose knew exactly who it was and she knew he wasn't going to come out of the dark, not when the dark was his biggest advantage.

"Marco." she said softly. "Marco, please-"

"Don't." it came from near the bed. "Rose, don't say it."

She laughed softly. "It's nice to hear your voice again." Silvio had stopped crying, Blaxton stared at her warily but she only had thoughts for Marco right now. "It's been so long."

"I've missed you, Rose Dellisandro." she could hear him smirking to himself as the voice traveled through the darkness.

"Monatheon." she corrected. "I'm married now."

"I suppose congratulations are in order." his voice turned to ice as he stepped into the light. He looked just as wonderful as ever. His strong jawline and cheekbones accentuated his alabaster face in the candlelight. His dark hair and green eyes were so wonderfully familiar to her.

"It's good to see you." she said but Marco clearly wasn't listening. His face had contorted and changed while he looked at her, it was a look she had seen so many times but this time it was different. He gazed lovingly down upon the child in her arms.

.............

Marco had never seen anything so wonderful. The boy with silver hair had possessed him with an ancient feeling he didn't know lurked in the corners of his soul. He had to have it. He just had to, there was no other way. Everything else faded from existence, nothing mattered except having that child. He needed it the way he needed air to breathe or food to eat. He couldn't control himself as his feet started to move forwards.

............

"Don't even think about it." Blaxton moved in between the crazy man and his wife. "You're not taking another step near them."The dark haired man didn't even look at him. His sword flashed and Blaxton barely deflected it.

"Marco!" Rose screamed.

"Stay the hell away from my family, you bastard!" he shouted and slashed at the stranger from the shadows. Again, Marco didn't flinch, he swung at him so quickly Blaxton didn't even realize what had happened.

............

Her husband collapsed on the ground. Silvio started crying again, tears fell from Rose's eyes and splashed on her son's face. "Marco, please, I'm begging you. What are you doing?" she cried as he continued to advance. He didn't even look at her, he seemed deranged or possessed. "Marco, darling please, you're scaring me. Marco!"

She pressed her baby to her chest and sobbed as she backed up against the wall.

"Marco! Let go! Don't touch him! No, what are you doing! Let go of him! Marco please, please, give him back! GIVE ME BACK MY SON, YOU SON OF A BITCH! DON'T TAKE HIM FROM ME."

...............

Blaxton stood up quickly, almost falling over in the process. Rose was screaming at the top of her lungs at the window.

"He just j-jumped out of the window and n-now he's gone. He - he took our baby. He took my s-son." she shook so violently, Rose could barely even speak. Blaxton turned and left the room without hesitation, he strode through the corridors and woke up the entire castle. Shouting through the hallways until everyone was awake, blurry eyed in their night dress.

"Get your coats on!" he hollered. "All of you need to scan the grounds right now. My son, the heir to this castle and your lord, has been kidnapped. You will find him, now!" Something had to be done, there was no way he was going to stand around and let this happen. He was the Lord of Stone Garden and f he had to search every inch of Kalishterya to find his boy then that's what he would damn well do.

He returned to Rose who was crumpled on the floor, crying. Knowing she was the only person who felt what he was feeling right now, he held her as tightly as possible.

...........

Rose struggled against his arms, screaming at the top of her lungs while he held her. How could Marco have taken him from her? How could he do this? She yelled and felt everything inside her shattering to pieces. Servants stood in the corridor outside with their hands pressed over their mouths. One woman cried, they all look stunned and horrified at the sight in front of them. Rose hated them. She hated every single one of them. How dare they feel pity for her! How dare they even exist in the moment. They didn't deserve to be here.

Rose Monatheon picked herself up off the ground and looked at all of them. Her silver hair was tangled and her dress was ripped with small marks of blood on it. She stuck out her chin in defiance and took a deep breath.

She would get him back, even if she had to kill Marco to do it.