Narumi X Reader

You wasn't a big shot. You didn't have a demon, you didn't even know how to fight. You wasn't in the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, and you definitely didn't withdraw from them.

You was in your small, remote, (and sad to say, fishing) village one day when a squad from the JIDA and a vampire suddenly came, promising that they'd protect all of your village if you let them stay. So you did, and you gave them all food. (Apart from the vampire, you didn't have a clue what to do around him, so you ran away whenever he came into the room.)

Among the humans, was a sad one. He was always sad, and he never really joined in with the others. So one day you went over to him. And you asked him what was wrong.

"Hello?" You asked, your skirt blowing in the faint breeze as he sat by the pier.
He turned his head, before looking back across the water.
"Oh, it's you." He said simply.
"Is something wrong?" You asked, sitting next to him.
"Nothing you need to worry about. You shouldn't be worrying about anything, me and my friends will protect you."
"I know. But that doesn't mean that you and your friends don't have things to worry about."
"So?"
"So stop worrying about us as well! We appreciate your generosity, but keep panicking like that and you'll be ill." You scolded.
"Im not panicking."
"Its written all over your face. You're worrying about something."
"I'm really not." He insisted. You sighed, giving him a look that said 'stop messing with me.' He too sighed, giving in.
"Fine. I'm sad." You raised an eyebrow.
"And...?" You pressed.
"Its selfish."
"I doubt it. Why are you so sad, Narumi?"
"My Sqaud died. All of them." He admitted.
"That's not selfish. Your grieving." You pointed out.
"It is. Because other people have lost their friends and family too, so I shouldn't be sat here moping about mine."
"Just because others have lost people doesn't mean you don't have the right to either." You comforted.
"But-"
"Stop making excuses. You look cuter when you're smiling with your friends!"
"I would never be friends with a slow, idiot like Yuu." Narumi scoffed and you laughed.
"You sound like the pink haired guy!" You giggled. He laughed with you, and you was happy that you had brought a smile to his saddened face.

Ever since then, he became your best friend. Because you was there for him. It had been two months since the day on the pier, and he had decided to call you out about it.
"Hey, (Y/N)?" Came your mum's voice as you rolled out of bed.
"Yeah, mum?" You shouted, as you shrugged off your comfy bed top.
"That lovely brown haired boy from the Demon Army is outside. He wants to speak to you."
"Tell him I'll be right there!" You shouted, and once you were sure your mum was out of earshot you cursed loudly.

After hurriedly getting dressed into some clothes you ran our to meet him with toast.
"Sorry to pull you out of bed, (Y/N)." He laughed.
"I was already up." You lied, sticking out your chest proudly. He laughed again.
"Your a bad liar." You scowled at him in response as you sat down.
"Want half of my toast? Seeing as the town is on rations." You offered, ripping it in half and waving it at him.
"Sure. Thanks, (Y/N)." He agreed, gratefully taking the toast.  You both sat and ate in a comfortable silence. When you was finished, you asked him how he knew you was lieing earlier.
"You act proud. Plus, you forgot to do you hair." He laughed.
"What?!" You yelled, quickly flattening your hair down.  In an attempt to change the conversation, you proceeded to ask him what it was he wanted in the first place.
"Thanks for that day. You really cheered me up." He admitted and you nodded in understanding.
"No worries." You shrugged nonchalantly.
"And...ever since then...I know you think of us as friends...but...I want us to be so much more than that.  So...will you date me?" He asked, and ever since then, everything changed.

A/N: I know I say this nearly every chapter, but thanks for all the support guys. It really warms my heart to see my work appreciated for once. So thanks, and I'm glad that ONS has such a large and friendly fandom.