Yoichi X Reader (Modern AU)

You clicked your tongue impatiently. Your best friend Shinya had encouraged you to go to a Matchmaking Party to see if you could find the "man of your dreams". But so far, all you had experienced was handfuls of 3 minutes with unwanted, extremely annoying males. It wasn't going very well. And just to top it off, you would think even be here if you hadn't discovered that your boyfriend Guren had been cheating on you with Mahiru- the ex he had that he had said was dead!  And to think you'd been together for 2 years! Such a waste of two years that was!

You let out an angry whine, uncrossing your legs as you prepared to leave.
"You can't leave yet!" Shinya protested, sitting at your table suddenly.  You narrowed your eyes at him, sighing a shout settled back down.
"Not all of us are having as much luck as you." You snarled, eyes wandering over to the mini Shinya fanclub in the corner.
"Its only because I'm a Hiragi. It's annoying, really." Shinya rolled his eyes. You'd heard that excuse a lot from him. Shinya had been adopted into one the biggest and richest families in Japan, so he was practically a prince.
"Well your fanclub think you want my number, so get gone before I get a bunch of craxy yandere girls trying to kill me for touching their senpai." You hissed, and Shinya laughed a little as he stood up.
"You're so weird." He informed you before walking off.

"So I just don't know what to do anymore~" Mika cried from across the table. This was the LONGEST 3 minutes you'd ever had. It wasn't that you didn't like Mika, it's just that his crushes friend Shinoa said coming here would get him advice on how to get his crush, so he was sat asking you for advice. As you imagined, he was distraught when you told him the true meaning of a "Matchmaking Party."
"If I was you I'd tell Ferid to stay out of it, and then I would ask Yuichiro out." You advised, glancing at the clock to see you only had 50 seconds left before a change in man.
"O-Ok. Thank you, Y/N. You've been a great help." Mika thanked you after you had to clear up the mistaken subtext of your previous sentence- he presumed you wanted to ask Yuichiro out.
"Its fine, Mika." You nodded, as the coordinators asked everybody to give their card to those who they wanted to meet again. Mika slipped you his card and you frowned.
"We can become friends." He explained, and you nodded.
"I'd like that, Mikaela." You agreed.

A few dozen boys later, a green eyed and  adorable male took the seat opposite you.
"Hello." He smiled, stretching his hand out towards you.
"Hello. I'm Y/N L/N." You greeted.
"Im Yoichi Saotome. It's nice to meet you." He nodded. Awe, so cute and yet such a gentleman!
"So, what brings you here, Yoichi?" You asked, realising it was a dumb question.  You blushed, and Yoichi laughed.
"My friend Shinoa made me come here." He explained.
"Ah. My friend Shinya made me come here." You nodded over in Shinya's direction, and you saw him start laughing when he spotted who you was with. You frowned over at him, before leaving him to his fanclub.
"Shinya is a teacher at my school." Yoichi muttered, and you spat your drink out.
"Your a school kid?" You yelped, spluttering. Yoichi laughed a little, patting your back to stop you from choking.
"I guess? I'm not actually that young. You don't look as old as Shinya anyway." He explained.
"Im 17." You told him.
"Im 16." You let out a sigh of relief.
"If your only 17, how come your friends with Shinya?" Yoichi asked, curiously.
"Adopted brother of Shinoa, my other friend." You smiled, realising that Shinoa was the one who sent Yoichi here.
"Shinoa?" Yoichi asked, laughing.
"I bet they set this up." You concluded, and Yoichi nodded in agreement.
"Times up!" Yelled the coordinator, and Yoichi slipped his card over to you.
"I'd love to meet you again, Y/N. Call me?" He asked, and you nodded eagerly, handing him your card as well. You both left together, and he even walked you home.

As you settled on your sofa, you took out your phone, peering at it. A text from Shinoa.

So, did you meet Yoichi? 😉
Xxx