Lest Karr X Reader

V_ = $/ €/ £_ = Vampire Money

The moon was blood red in the sky. The black sky, with its clouds floating in angry whispers.
"The blood moon." Lest Karr commented, and you jumped slightly feeling the third Progenitors presence behind you. He was a lot smaller than you, that much was a given. But he was really intimidating.
"Uh-Yes, sire. It seemed fitting."
"Very fitting. Rather commendable work. I'll have one of the servants come by and pick it up this afternoon."

"You're...You're going to buy it?" Now you was panicking.
"Im the third Progenitor." He pressured, almost as if he was expecting something. 
"Oh. Yeah." He wanted it for free. After all, Lest Karr ruled over Germany with an iron fist. He was greatly respected by his country. Surely freebies must be nothing new to him. He probably expected you to give him a freebie as well. Damn. As much as you needed your money, you didn't want to get on his bad side. "You can have it for free." He smiled in response, bowing his head. His smile sad 'thank you' as if her were secretly congratulating you on finally picking up on what he wanted. And with that, Lest Karr left you.

And the painting.

Which now had a horrible black splodge on the pristine red moon, from where your hand had been shaking.

"Shit!"

The Blood Moon was a well celebrated festival in Germany. It was a big event for all vampires, increasing your power almost 10 fold. It was on a Blood moon that the vampires of Germany made their final victory against the human Rebellion.  Ever since that day, Germany was dominated by vampires, with no human army standing in it's way. And now? Well, with no Rebellions left to fight, there was no other choice but to declare it a national holiday. A national holiday with a big festival, and all sorts of competitions.

You was entering your painting of the Blood Moon for the Painting competition, and the winner would get V5000. Oh, and Lest Karr himself would hang the painting up in his private gallery. Admittedly, the second part of that prize was worthless to you seeing as Lest Karr had 'bought' the painting anyway. But seeing as he didn't want to pay for it, the money would be highly appreciated.

You were pretty poor, finding revenue as a Painter in Vampire Germany was pretty difficult.  After all, Lest was not that invested in the arts like Urd Geales in Russia was. Nonetheless, you sold as good as you could and painted to the best of your ability. Your family had advised you to find a different job, perhaps serve the vampire army but you didn't want to. Painting was your passion.

An hour later, you returned to your painting. You had had to go and buy some more supplies, because your paints were getting kind of old and you needed a new red to cover up that awful black splodge without ruining it even more.

You was shocked at what you found. Your painting...was a torn up mess on the floor. And sat on that mess? Lest Karr's fat tabby cat. There were rumours that he owned a Cat, and you confirmed it when you spotted that it donned a hat similar to Lest's own. It'd be humorous, if not for the fact that it was happily sat on your chances of V5000. You wasn't greedy, and money wasn't the only thing you could think about. But you really needed that money.

You decided to pick up the cat and take it back to Lest. He questioned why you was away from your painting, as you stroked his car absent mindedly.  "This adorable little thing ripped it to shreds." Lest raised his eyebrow.
"Prompto ruined your painting?"  You nodded, passing him the cat. So Prompto was his name.  How adorable. It was difficult to stay mad at a cat like Lest's.

Cats were pretty rare in Vampire Germany, along with all other pets. You had wanted a cat for a long time. Your face probably portrayed this, because Lest decided to give you a rather infuriating pity party.
"We can share the cat."
"You what?"
"Share. We can share Prompto. That's what couples do, right?"
"You...WHAT?!"
"We're a couple now. Are we not?"
"Wait....WHAT?!" Lest paused to give you a dirty look. Your shrieking was rather annoying.
"Don't forget who your speaking to. I am your King. You'll treat with respect, Y/N."
"Yes sir..."
"And we're dating now. Understand?"
"...Yes. Sir."
"Yes Lest. You shouldn't speak to me so formally." Damn the German king was confusing!

"Im sorry about your painting." Lest apologised, and you shook your head sadly.
"It couldn't be helped." And it was true. You would have to give up your dreams on winning the V5000. And Lest Karr wouldn't be getting any painting off you.
"Why don't you paint a new one for the competition, you still have 1 hour until paintings must be submitted."
"I can't paint a whole new painting in an hour. I wouldn't know what to paint."
"Paint me...with this apple." He grabbed an apple from the desk as you eyeballed him like a mad man. He threw the apple up and caught it, completely unphased by your confused stares.
"But-"
"I'll buy it. For V15,000."
"What-"
"Paint. Now." He ordered.