SPECIAL: Yoichi X Ryuu

A/N/ Thanks for the request, Chibi-Cancer.

Ryuu and Yoichi had nothing going on. They were just friends. No matter how much people insisted otherwise, Ryuu and Yoichi were just friends. Friends who hugged and shared umbrellas and had jokes that were higher than a friendship status.

In fact, the joke that they was dating was hilarious at first. "Oh, you two should date!" Or "I think he fancies Ryuu." And Ryuu would reply with a laugh, waving her hand dismissively and saying that they were just friends. And it would always be that way.
"I only like you as a friend." Yoichi would always claim when alone, because in front of anyone else he would chicken out. It was actually annoying.

Ryuu got to see the part of Yoichi that nobody else ever saw. Maybe that was made her start falling for him. She hated herself for thinking that, because she couldn't tell if she liked him or if he was just a friend. It confused her. She didn't fancy him like she had fancied Guren last year, and her heart didn't beat like it did when she saw Yoichi. But something. Something was there.

And just to top all of that off, Shinoa insisted that Yoichi had a thing for her.
"Of course Yoichi likes you, Ryuu. Look at hirm! He blushes when he's in the same room as you!" The petite, purple haired female insisted, hand on her hips. Ryuu glanced down at her friend with a frown, shaking her head.
"You're dreaming, Shinoa." Ryuu replied sternly. One of the only times she wasn't smiling was when on this topic.
"You won't give up will you?" Shinoa whined and Ryuu laughed and smiled.
"Nope!" She sang, running off to Narumi and Yoichi who were having "manly talk" in the corner.

"His Ryuu?" Yoichi asked, dumbstruck.
"Yeah. That's why if you like her, you need to swoop in and claim her before he does." Narumi clarified.
"But I..."
"Your against time here, Yoichi."
"But I don't fancy-" Yoichi began.
"Fancy who?" Ryuu asked, grinning as she stopped by them.
"...Kimizuki." Yoichi managed as Narumi raised an eyebrow with a sigh.
"Yes you do!" Ryuu insisted.
"Stop teasing me! I don't fancy him, no I don't, I don't, I don't!" Yoichi cried, face scrunching up.
"But you actually do." She stated, and Yoichi hunched up a little more, letting out a defeated sigh.
"I give up~" He hummed sadly, and Narumi chuckled slightly. It was impossible to win an argument against Ryuu. She grinned in response, satisfied.

When the group of friends disbanded, all heading back to their bedrooms, Yoichi couldn't stop thinking about what Narumi had said. Surely Yuu wasn't going to ask Ryuu on a date like Narumi said he would? And just to top it off, Yoichi hated to admit the fact that he had a feeling Ryuu wouldn't say no. She got along so well with both Yoichi and Ryuu, sometimes even better with Yuu. It was just like Narumi had said, it was a race against time.
"What should I do, Gekkoin?" He asked, running a hand down his bow.
"What are you asking me for? This is your relationship, not mine." The Demon responded casually.
"But Gekkoin-"
"If you like the girl then ask her out. In fact, yeah. Go ask her out. Go ask her out now. As soon as you get a girlfriend I can prey on the lust that drives you and make you mine." The Demon finalised, and it seemed more as if it was answering it's own question rather than Yoichi's. Yoichi sighed in defeat. Of course asking a demon about relationship advice but would be no help.
"You're not help, Gekkoin." The male sobbed.
"I helped in every way that benefits me." Gekkoin warned, and it sounded as if it was smirking.

Yoichi sighed once more, before picking himself up from the floor and trudging out the door. He couldn't let Yuu have Ryuu...because the ship name would be too perfect! Yoichi internally slapped himself, realising now that he was trying to make excuses. He was still too shy!
"Where are you in a hurry to, Yoichi?" Yuu asked, stepping out of his bedroom.
"Ryuu's room." Yoichi replied, not stopping. Yuu followed along beside him.
"That's where I'm going too." He laughed.
"Urm...Narumi wanted to speak to you." Yoichi lied, eager to lose Yuu.
"...Narumi?" Yuu frowned.
"Yeah!"
"Can't it wait?" Yuu pouted.
"Nope! Bye!" Yoichi called, practically running off down the corridor. He was a terrible liar, all his cheeks would heat up and his eyes would turn a darker green.

You can imagine his joy when he reached Ryuu's room with no further disturbances. He pressed his fist against the door just as it opened, causing him to fall into Ryuu.
"Oh, hey Yoichi. What are you doing? I was just about to go and see Narumi."
"Narumi? You can't!" Yoichi insisted, shoving Ryuu back inside her room.
"Huh? Why?" Ryuu frowned.
"Because Narumi said that Yuu wanted to as you out but I wanted to ask you out and I saw Yuu on the corridor and I told him to go and see Narumi but now you want to go and see Narumi so if you see Yuu then he'll ask you out and-" Yoichi rushed.
"Then I'll say no, I'm dating Yoichi." She grinned.