Asuramaru X Reader - Christmas AU

A/N So much love for Asuramaru seriously guys? I have like 5 Asuramaru requests pending, calm down~! Like seriously, will someone please explain WHY YOU ALL LOVE HIM SO MUCH?

Also, story lore: All "vampires and demons" live on the left side of town, all "humans" live on the right, though of course in this AU everyone is human.

You stretched a little, now fully awake. It was Christmas day, it wasn't snowing outside, and you had no family left to spend it with. So basically, your Christmas day was like any other day.

You was getting up to wash the dishes when your phone rang, and answering it while juggling with a cup and a fork as you rushed to put them down on the drying rack, you was astonished to hear the voice that returned your bleak greeting.
"Hey, Y/N!"
"Asura. What's up?" You asked, happy to have finished your circus act.
"I was wondering if you wanted to spend Christmas with me?" He asked.
"But Asura...what about Krul? And your dad Saito?" You asked. Asuramaru was your best friend, but after he and his sister Krul were adopted into the prestigious Saito family, he was always busy, seeing as he began to be viewed as an upper-class businessman. He had moved to the left side of town, leaving you alone in the right side of town with your neighbour Kimizuki and his sister Mirai, his boyfriend Yoichi and his sister (who's name escaped you). Either way, it had been a while since you had spoken to Asura, seeing as he was always busy.
"No, my sister wants to go to Church, Saito is doing work and I'm not doing anything. Figured I may as well sneak round to yours, so we're not both spending Christmas alone?" He offered.
"Sure! I'll see ya later then!" You beamed down the phone as if he could see you, excited that this Christmas wouldn't be as lonely as the Christmas prior.
"Goodbye, Y/N." Asura whispered, and the phone cut off. You skipped to your room excitedly, leaving the dishes half complete. Time to get dressed!

About an hour later, you was dressed, and the doorbell was ringing. It was a piercing sound in the silence of your house, so on the way to the door you clicked the radio on, so it at least seemed more lively.

Asura stood at the door in a black shirt, white. trousers and a red Santa hat.
"Hey, Asuramaru." You grinned, holding the door open for him to step in. The weather wasn't the whole cliché snow on Christmas, instead it was dull and raining, so it came as no surprise that before even saying hello, Asura was crouched by the fire, rubbing his cold hands together.

You laughed at him, heading into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate. When you returned with them, he was still in the same position, staring at the flames, fixated.
"...Asura?" You asked, and he jumped out of his trance, standing up and turning to face you.
"You made hot cocoa?" He asked, surprised, and you nodded, handing him a glass. He peered into it, a warm smile brightening his paled face.

"You always make the best hot chocolate." He complimented you, blowing it a little and gazing sadly at the cream and marshmallows which were too hot to eat.
You laughed in response, shrugging and sitting on the sofa. He joined you on the sofa opposite, peering into the fire a little more before turning back to face you.
"Merry Christmas, Y/N." He finally greeted, earning a nod in response from you. You finished your sip of hot chocolate quickly, to return the statement.
"Merry Christmas, Asura."

You spent the next couple of hours catching up, even though it was more of him catching up to you, because every time you asked him about his home life, you got the same three responses:
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Not right now, Y/N." Or
"I dunno. Try again later."
You were starting to get the idea that he had a problem at home, and you was also starting to get the idea that he had some kind of an obsession with fire, because he often turned to look at it, and when you tried to turn it off he jumped in front of it protectively.

Either way, you had a great time with Asuramaru, and when it rolled around to 7pm, it was time for him to go. He had a long way home, and it was dark outside.
"It was great spending Christmas with you, Y/N." He said quietly, and you nodded in agreement.
"I want to spend new year with you too." You agreed, and he laughed.
"I...actually have a request?" He asked suddenly, a blush beginning to creep onto his face. "Im sorry I didn't get you a Christmas present but..." He trailed off, and you rolled your eyes.
"Spit it out, Asura!" You laughed.
"It sounds really cheesy." He grumbled, and you playfully slapped him, watching his long hair swish around as he shook his face in embarrassment.
"alliwantforchristmasisyou." He whispered.
"...I don't have a clue what you just said." You informed him with a raised eyebrow.
"All I want...for Christmas..." He started, before cutting off. You laughed, pulling him into a hug, and leaning up on your tiptoes so you mouth was by his ear.
"Is you." You finished for him, a bright red blush sweeping over your face.
"So I was wondering if you would go on a date with me and then maybe...be my girlfriend?" He finally stated, and you laughed.
"Obviously." You said, taken aback when he pulled a piece of mistletoe from his back pocket, held it above your heads and pulled you into a kiss. So much for non cliché...

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone! And though a lot of you don't know my OC'S unless you've read some of my other books, Merry Christmas from all the Dragneel's too!
Also, Merry Christmas from all the Seraph of the end cast!