Guren X Reader 《Feeble Whispers in the Nothingness》

A/N: Seeing as an update is LONG overdue in this book, here's a little something I literally just came up with. It isn't really happy, and it is a dieing reader. (Not exactly what was requested but cut me some slack, at least I'm updating! 😂) Reader does seem...really bitter in this but she actually isn't! I'm pretty tired so I can't be bothered to actually write this into the chapter, but the only reason Reader feels so bitter is because of the circumstances of the death. If you want, I can make a Part 2. Yes, there is technically room for Part 2. Want it? Tell me if you do~!

Hope you enjoy! Also thanks for all the love guys, I've not been updating this book but it's getting a lot of love lately...I speculate it has something do with Netflix adding season 1 of Seraph of the End? (😍😍) Enjoy!!!

"Don't die, Y/N! Don't die on me!"

What frantic words, from such a frantic man. You and Guren's relationship had been fleeting, to see the least. You had been so head over heels back then.

"Guren!"
"Y/N?"
"Guren!"

You practically attacked him with your hug, but he didn't appear to mind that much.
"What are you doing here, Y/N?" Nothing could hide his disbelief. His eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets, and his hands gripped you tightly, as if he were scared to let go.
"I got transferred to the Moon Demon Company!"

Back then, you would have done anything for that man.

"Please Sir. Anything!" You clutched the sides of your skirt, bowing your head. In a way, your obsession with catching up to Guren Ichinose had gone a little too far now.
"Anything at all?" Tenri Hiragi had a devious sparkle in his eyes. A sparkle that shouldn't have been trusted.
"Yes! Anything! Please, Sir."
"I don't usually do personal favours, but just this once. You'll come in handy."

There it was again, that devious sparkle. Tenri Hiragi had something spectacular up his sleeve, and judging by the way his smile lit up when you signed the paperwork, you had just become his favourite new plaything. His favourite new plaything, trapped in a lab of machines that were beyond human comprehension, and pain that was inescapable.

Now that you was lay on your death bed, you realised just how stupid you had been. His every word was lies, and you got caught in his web quicker than you could have ever imagined. But you had been willing to chase him to the ends of the Earth. You would have chased him anywhere. You'd already lost him once.

"Guren...I swear it. One day I'll become a Woman that's perfect for you. You won't see any Woman but me. I'll be the only one on your mind."

Your words were whispers, but Mahiru appeared to hear you. She glanced round, arm linked with Guren's, fingers interlaced with his. She was never going to let go of him. But neither was you.