Proluge 2

It was a still night in the small town. Everything was quiet. Maybe too quiet. But, at one house, one person was awake.

That house belonged to Alice Stone, Owen Stone, and there two sons. Sean Stone, the oldest. And Dave Stone, the youngest.

Dave was the one who was awake. He liked to stay up to read comics. Everyone else had already been sleeping. Nothing unusual happened in his home. Though, once, he thought there was a ghost inside their home.

But one night... that night.... something unusual did happen.

*SLAM*

The slam of the front door brought Dave's mind back into reality. He put down his comic and got out of bed. He could hear mumbling from the stairs. He got out of his room and walked to his brothers room.

"Sean! Sean!" Dave loudly whispers, shaking the bed.

"Uhhh... whaaaat?" Sean said.

"I think someone's in the house."

"Yeah. Us. Come on dude, let me fall  asleep."

"But Sean..."

But it was no use. Dave would have to find out who the intruders were himself.

He quietly walked to the stairs. When he got to the top, he saw two figures, so he hid behind one of the posts.

"Du warst nicht dorthin zu gehen! Du hast das Gesetz gebrochen. "

"Schaue ich, wie ich mich interessiere? Ich wollte meine Chancen erhöhen."

"Durch das Töten des Kindes. Mein Kind? Die, die ich wählen ?!"

"Na sicher."

Dave couldn't understand what they were saying. It was gibberish to him. Suddenly, he heard a screech.

"Arhg!"

"Das, was Sie für das Betreten meines Hauses erhalten!"

"Vielleicht sollte ich nur dein Kind töten? Er ist erst ein Jahr älter."

"Wage es nicht."

"Weißt du was? Nein ... Ich werde dein Kind nicht töten. Tradition muss weitergehen."

Dave took a few steps down the stairs. He tried to see the intruders. All he ended up seeing black ink on the floor.

"Aber ich muss zurückbekommen. Also nehme ich einfach etwas weg, das das Kind liebt."

"Fein ... Machen Sie es schnell."

Dave heard heavy footsteps coming toward him. He quickly, but quietly, ran up the stairs, ran into his room, closed the door, and leaped into the his bed and closed him eyes.

He heard the footsteps. They seemed to pass him bedroom. He heard a door open. The one next to his. His brother's room.

Soon, he heard his brother mumble something. He then heard muffled screams. They were quiet, but Dave could hear them. A minute later, they ended. Everything was silent. He heard footsteps walked out of the room. He heard a door close. Soon, the footsteps faded.

Dave thought he was safe.

************

The morning light shown through Dave room. He awoke from his deep slumber. He got up and stepped into the floor. But something was wrong. It was wet. Not wet. Sticky. He looked down. There was black ink on ground. He looked up. There were words. Written in black ink.

I'm sorry.

Dave ran out of his room to his brother's room. He slowly opened the door.

"S-Sean...?"

There was Sean. But, not playing video games like he normally does in the morning. No... he was still in bed. Covered in blood. A large, three clawed gash was ripped on his chest.

"Sean? Are you ok? Sean?"