Chapter 26

Harz Mountains- Germany's Medieval period...

The only light that lit up the night, were the fires from torches, as a group of ritualistic Germans chanted their prayers and curses into the darkness.

The chanting grew louder and more rapid, and soon, it drew the attention of Teutonic Knights. The knights quickly charged into the ritual, to end their magic and their lives. But this outrage drew in a force, for suddenly, a dark shadow suddenly clouded over everyone. It slowly took form into the shape of a wolf, about the size of a dire wolf. Everyone just stared at the spiritual creature, it's yellow-glowing eyes shining into every one of them. The spirit just stared at them, taking a few steps backward, growling. Suddenly, one of the knights charged right at the wolf. His sword nearly pierced through the wolf, before it was able to safely run out of the way. The wolf suddenly ran off, with the knights running after it, leaving the ritual group alone.

The wolf continued to run, until he suddenly found himself being chased into a cave. The cave came to an erupt stop, and the knights had the wolf surrounded. The wolf, in a moment of panic, decided to do the worse and sprang onto each and every one of the knights. One by one, it tore through the metal armor, tearing apart the knights. Soon, all were dead, but it blooded up the wolf as well. He had been covered in deep cuts, almost nearing death. He limped out of the cave, and attempted to hurry back to the ritual, but when he arrived, the group had left, and the ritual as no more. No more ritual, no more way back home. With that, the wolf fell onto the ground.

The next morning, the sun shone onto the forest with glee. It was silent, unlike the night before, except for the footsteps of a young lady. Her red cloak, enchanted with great protection, draped beautifully against her shoulders, and dragged lightly against the ground. She held a basket, in which the contents would be revealed soon.

Soon, she came across the fallen wolf. She rushed over to him, kneeling down. She took out a clear quartz from her basket. The special thing about this stone was it had been enchanted, and when the red-hooded girl waved the stone over the wolf's wounds, they all wounds cleared up. Next, the girl took out a small wolf's fur cloak, with a large black bead holding it together. She put it around the wolf's neck, and suddenly, the wolf slowly started to turn into a human form. His brown fur was now replaced with shoulder length brown hair. Magically, clothes had manifested around his body. Once the transformation was complete, the wolf slowly woke from his slumber. His red eyes looked around his surroundings, and once he laid eyes on the girl, he quickly stumbled back against a tree.

"Hey," the girl spoke, but in German, " don't freak out to much! I'm not going to hurt you."

"Huh... What," the wolf said, startled. He looked at his new form. "What did you do to me? I don't understand..."

"Simple spell," the girl replied, "I used an enchanted healing crystal to heal your wounds, and the cloak let you turn into a human form. Hard to understand, but it is simple magic."

"You're a witch," the wolf asked.

"No. But my grandmother is a sorceress. She sensed something in the forest this morning, and sent me to see what happened."

The girl stood up, walked over to the wolf, and stretched her hand out to him. Hesitantly, the wolf places his hand in hers, and stood with her.

"Let me introduced myself," the girl said, "I am Lady Blanchette."

"A lady," the wolf pondered, "you must be very important than. Is you're grandmother a lady too then?"

"Sort of. She never liked a royal title, so she doesn't live in my home with my mother. She lives in a small cottage in the woods nearby. Now, may I ask about your name?"