Chapter 20

The twins, though unconscious, held each other close, like as if they were infants cradling for warmth. After a few minutes, Sarah finally had woken up. She winced in pain, for her scratched up eye, though wrapped up, had been rubbed up against the dirt, and it started to bleed again. When the pain started to wear off, she saw her sister, still black out in her arms.

"Sasha," she said, shaking her sister," hey Sasha, wake up! Shit."

Slowly, Sarah laid Sasha on her back, so she could get up. She stood up, and held her hand onto her bloody eye. She look at her hand and saw that it was covered in brown and red.

"Fucking hell..."

The bandage was too mess up to keep on, so in her mini rage, she ripped the bandage right off, exposing her scarred eye. She then started to look at her surroundings.

It was dark, but the hole in the ceiling shed a bit of light. Everything was dirty, 'cause... well, there was dirt everywhere. But the dirt walls were held up by wooden support beams. The tunnel only went two ways... but deciding which one to go down would be the hardest decision.

As Sarah looked around, Sasha had started to wake up. She was quiet as she slowly sat up, trying to wake herself up. When she was fully awake, she too looked around at her surroundings, and saw Sarah looking down the runner to her right.

"Sarah," Sasha started," are you alright?"

Sarah spun around, quickly, at the sound of her sisters voice. She ran and collapsed onto Sasha, giving her a hug like their lives depended on it.

"Saaraaaaah," Sasha groaned," you're squishing the air out of me."

"I'm just happy that you're ok," Sarah replied. She let go of the hug, and looked around Sasha's head. "Nothing broken? Does anything hurt?"

"No. I'm ok," Sasha replied," where are we?"

"I don't know," Sarah stood up," I think... it's some sort of mining tunnel. I've never seen one before, but I have to imagine that it would look like this."

Sasha stood up next to her sister. "Didn't our history teacher say something about the town being an old mining town at some point? There must be mining tunnels all under this mountain, going into town."

Sarah stared at her. "For once, you actually listen in history?"

"Not my fault history is kinda boring."

"BORING? Sasha, you just said the most genius thing on this trip!!!"

Sasha made a smug "owo" look on her face. "Say that again."

Sarah looked confused. "What?"

"Say it again. Say I'm a genius again."

"SASHA."

"SAY IT."

"FINE YOURE A GENIUS."

"Yas."

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Anyway, what you said, if it's actually true, it means that we have a way off this mountain and back to safety. We can use the tunnels to find out way back to town."

"I guess so," Sasha replied," but these tunnels looks so old. What if they collapsed on us?"

"We'll just be quick and careful," Sarah said, taking Sasha's hand, "come on! Let's get out of here!"