Chapter 7, pt 1

Creak

"Wow," Lily said," this place is huge. It's amazing, I can't wait to find the sauna."

Dave stared at Lily. "How did you-?"

"Yeah... I almost forgot." Lily goes into her packet book and takes out an iPhone with a TARDIS phone case."You dropped your phone so I picked it up and and took it in the phone with me. You don't have a lock, so I wanted to look through some of the details."

"Why didn't you give it to me on the cart?" He said, as he took it from Lily.

"I forgot I guess."

As Lily and Dave enter, Sasha comes racing in. "I'm going to find a bedroom with either bunks or a king sized bed!" She exclaims.

"Sasha wait!" Sarah yelled after her, running,"you don't know your way around this place yet, dork!"

"Maybe try upstairs to the left!" Bella called. Just at that moment, she realized what she just said," I mean... I watch a lot of home shows, and the bedrooms are normally on the left."

"Well, this isn't a house. It's a freaking lodge! I'm gonna find a room that looks cute!" And with that, Lily walked up the stairs, going right.

Bella watched Lily go upstairs, until she heard rumbling in the kitchen. Picking up her bag, she walked over the old wooden floors, ceased from blood, to her old kitchen. Opening the doors, she peered in. Her eyes gazed into the wooden cupboards, the polished counters. Some things in the room were updated, and surprisingly dust-free.

I guess Amara waited for me to return. Too bad she doesn't know it's me.

****

"Bella. Where's the mixing bowl?" Emily asked, peering down at her daughter, who was sitting on the floor, back facing her.

"I don know, mofer." Bella said.

Emily slowing turned her daughter around, seeing the bowl on her lap, red velvet covering her mouth.

"Sweetie," Emily started, kneeling down," I thought you wanted to bake cupcakes for daddy's birthday?"

"I got distracted. Don't be mad..."

"Of course I'm not mad," Emily lifted up Bella, sat down on a chair, and started wiping Bella face," but it was your idea to bake. I just want you to be a responsible girl when you're older. Not just that, but brave, sweet..."

"Not sweet enough to be dating though!" Emily stared down at her daughter, recalibrating her words." What? Daddy says that almost once a week. I think he's just scared."

"Believe me," Emily mumbled," that's not what he's scared off..."

" What was that mommy? What's he scared off??"

Emily looked down at her daughter, concern in her red eyes. But it soon turned to eyes of relief and a small smile.

"Never mind that dear. You go off and find love, my dear Bella. Find someone who understands you. Someone who won't be scared of any scars that comes your way..."

****

"Wow mom. Who knew I'd remember so much coming here. I hope I made you proud."