Chapter 2

Everyone cheered for the dismissal of school. The twins were shaking each other, Bella smiled happily, Dave and George gave each other high fives.

"One week off," Sarah said," here and I can't believe it!"

"Calm down you two," Bella said," it's just one week. No biggie."

Then a thought occurred in her head.

"I just realized," she started," we haven't had lunch yet."

"TO BURGER KING WE GO!" Dave yelled, fist pumping the air.

"Ok then!" The twins both said.

"I can't," George said," I have a test at town hall I must attend."

"Boooo!" Dave said," fine. But your gonna miss out."

"I hope you all have a pleasant time. Goodbye!" And with that, he walked off.

Soon, the rest of the group walked out to grab lunch. Meanwhile, on the other side of the auditorium, lily, and her friend Jake was sitting around with the other popular kids, Kyle, Jason, Wendy, and Jenna.

"So what should we do, now that we have a week off of school?" Jason said.

"Let's rent a beach house and relax!" Lily said.

"Can't," Jenna said," my mom is dragging me to a lame fashion show. Who cares about recycling?! Don't use it to make dresses, it's gross!"

"And I'm leaving to visit my girlfriend from a few towns over." Kyle said.

"Boo you guys. No fun." Lily said, pouting her face.

"Wendy, doesn't your dad own that yacht?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, but he said we can't use it anymore, because of what happened last time. Party pooper." Wendy said, whining.

"What will we do!?" Lily asked.

"Well..." Jake started," I know that that Dave guy rented a cabin in the woods. Maybe I can get him to let us use it."

"Dave," Jason said," you mean that gaming dweeb? How did he get a cabin?"

"Apparently, he got a huge allowance from family, and was able to rent it for a few weeks for a special girl."

"Good idea lets go there!" Wendy squealed.

"Well, it be better then doing nothing." Lily said.

"Alright then," Jake said, standing," I'll get the dweeb to let us go to the cabin. I won't take no for an answer."

"I'm leaving ," Lily said," I'm done with school for now. I'm going find a restaurant to eat at."

"Want me to drive ya?" Jake asked.

"Sure. And what about the rest of you?"

"We'll find ya later," Jenna said," I gotta pack my bags, and then we can join you. And the rest of you will help me!"

"What?! Why?!" Wendy yelled, as Jake and Lily walked away.

"Cause I need people to distract my Mom so she doesn't pick out clothes for me."

Lily and Jake walked along the hallways of the school.

"Thank god we're out of there," Lily said, groaning," I have no idea how long I would need to hold up pretty girl persona, considering how tired I am."

"You do look tired." Jake said.

Lily showed a dull face at Jake. "Nice observation, Sherlock."

"Whatever. You still should thank me for making you popular. Without me, you'd still be Lillian "Worms" Hills."

"Shut up!"

Lily wasn't always popular. Her obnoxious, pretty girl persona was an act. She's actually bit of a geek. But after a failed science experiment, she got bullied. A lot. So she tried her best to become popular. Jake, the most popular dude in school, had, or should I say, has a crush on Lily. He helped her become popular, but she won't stop until she's more popular then Wendy, who's family owns the deed to the school. She pretends to be her friend, just to be popular. And Jake won't stop until Lily falls for him. But that hasn't happened yet. He's still friend-zoned. And Lily hasn't even thanked him yet.

Until she does, he won't confess his feelings for her.

"Whatever. Where do ya want to eat?" Jake asked.

"Burger King," Lily said,"That's Dave's favorite restaurant, so him and his gang will be heading there. I saw him leave with Bella and the twins."

"Alright."

They walked to the parking lot, only to see that Jake's car has been towed.

"I didn't even park in Mr. Mac's space this time!" Jake exclaimed.

"It's official," Lily started," after two years of tacks on the chair he officially hates you enough to pull revenge."

"I guess we'll just walk."

****************************************

They continued to walk to the restaurant. Lily wrapped her arm around Jake's shoulder.

"You know," she started," your a real good friend."

"Y-yeah..." Jake said, blushing like a mad man.

"And that's what it'll always be. BFF's..."

Jake kept the smile up. Though, he always did think about if he really loved Lily. She sees him like the big brother she never had. Part of him liked it that way. But he knew something was missing. He had his head set up that Lily was the one for him.

"Let's hurry up," Jake said, smiling,"don't wanna lose our chance of beating Wendy to the top!"

Jake grabbed Lily's hand and they both ran to the Burger King.

But what they didn't know, is that Wendy had seen there whole conversation from behind the block.

"So they think Lily Hills can put popular me. Ha! Soon enough, she'll be called "Worms" once again. You better watch you damn back Lily. I'll find something to do to Jake so he pays too. That muscled liar."

And this wasn't the worse of what was going happen to our group.