Chapter 13

George, upon hearing Lily's screaming, raced through the forest to get back to the road. His face was filled with fear, and his mind filled with thoughts of curiosity, worry, and also fear. He could barely think straight, until he got to the road, and ran into the car. He quickly ran around the car, and found Lily on the ground, screaming, with tears in her eyes.

"Lily," he gasped, out of breath," what's wrong?! Are you ok?!"

Lily stopped screaming, and just stuttered, whilst crying. "W-Wendy... she's.. she's.... oh my god...," she couldn't finished her sentence. All she could do is point to the inside of the car.

George slowly walked to see into the car. When he saw what was inside, he stumbled backward, almost falling over.

Inside, was Wendy, almost completely covered in her own blood, and the black substance. Her face was all clawed up, and her neck looked as if a large mouth took a bite out of her.

"What... what the fuck did this," George mumbled. He looked at Lily, who looked like she was having a small panic attack, but she was only breathing heavily, and crying hard. He knelt next to her, and hesitantly, wrapped his arms around her shaking body, and just held her there, attempting to calm her down. He wasn't someone who liked hugging and stuff like that, but right now, he felt like she needed it. And maybe he needed a hug too.

Lily, still crying, put her arms up to touch his arms. George looked forward, looking at the body, then looking down. The two just stayed like this for a while, ignoring the cold, and unsure what on earth is going on.

***
The snow crunched under the boots of Dave and Jake. The snow still fell, but still softly.

"Do you think that old lady is ok," Jake asked, breaking the silence.

"Amara's a tough lady," Dave replied," and don't call her an old lady. The way you said it was a bit rude."

"Sorry dude. I'm not best with conversation." "Yet you're taking." "True, but I also hate awkward silence. But let's be real. Everything that's going on is really... odd. Wouldn't be funny is this place ended up actually being haunted."

Dave stopped, and Jake stopped too, to look at him.

"What," Dave asked, confused.

"You don't know," Jake asked. Dave nod is head "no". "Of course, "Jake said, slapping his forehead," sorry. It's just, a while back, during a holiday, my cousin visited the household, and he's a real paranormal geek. He told us about Red Hood forest, and how it's supposedly haunted."

"By what?"

"I dunno," Jake said, as they started waking again," An odd entity or some shit. Seriously, it's all baloney. But I do know that there is history to the woods. Like, the reason it's called Red Hood Forest, is because apparently, the Grimm bros apparently came here, and told natives about that "Red Riding Hood" story. I guess they liked it so much, they named a forest after it."

"How on earth do you know all that?"

"Our substitute teacher, Ms. Rouge, really likes to ramble. Some kid in biology asked her about forest life, and BOOM, entire story about the history of Red Hood Forest. And you can't not listen to everything she's says."

"But," Dave started," I've read all about the Grimm brothers in 7th grade. I never heard anything about them ever coming to America."