Chapter One

"Daddy, where are we going?" Zain, my little brother, asked. Daddy? You might be wondering why he called me daddy. It's because all four of us, me and my three younger brothers, we're adopted at young ages by our 'parents', but every time a new adition shows up, I end up being the parent, thus being called daddy by my baby brother.

"I have to work, and you are gonna hang out there while I work." I tell him swinging our arms as we walk down the side walk. I watch around me hoping to find Kota around because he was in charge of making sure he, and Gabriel, make it to the cafe. I always worry when I leave him alone with Gabriel, our youngest brother, who is only two years old, but I also feel unconfortable leaving Zain with him too, who is almost seven.

Kota is only 15, and he is going through a lot of changes. In the next year his wolf with push through and he will start pack training, if he isn't an omega, but with the amount of muscles he has on his arms already I know he isn't an omega.

I sigh in relief when I see Kota and Gabriel sitting in one of the booths. Gabriel is playing with his cars and Kota is texting someone on his new iPhone. Mother and father like Kota better because he isn't an omega. When I grew up it was almost impossible for me to not be an omega because of my submissive behavior and small frame. Kota was instantly known to be a strong warrior for the pack, but that doesn't mean he treats me any different, mostly.

"Daddy!" Gabriel squealed as he saw us enter the cafe. Kota looked over and smiled before looking back at his phone. Zain has already ran over to the two and started playing with his Legos that he brought, but I head over anyways so I could talk to Kota.

"He bro, what did you guys do today?" I asked as I walked over to the table and sat down until my shift started. Kota didn't answer but he just kept texting on his phone and seemed to ignore me. I tried to look at his phone but he hid it from me and that was the only way I knew he did hear what I said. I sighed before looking over at Gabriel and Zain playing and smile. At least for the next couple of years they will appreciate me.

"Well, I'm gonna go work. I'll bring dinner in an hour or so." I say softly before I stand up and walk to the back room. I have to hold back tears of frustration while I change and clock in. After everything I have done for him and he just ignores me like I am nothing. He treats me like the rest of the pack, like a dirty omega, and I don't know how to deal with it.

Kota seems to be hanging out with a group of homophobic assholes who beat on omega's because they think they aren't enough for a pack, and I say homophobic because it has been proven almost always that if you are an omega, your mate will be male no matter what. So when his friends come over, when mother and father aren't home, they give me dirty looks and whisper about me like I can't hear them.

It hurts worse that Kota joins them.

I quickly wipe my tears when someone walks into the room to sign in before I walk back out to work.

After an hour or so of working I punch in the amount of money for my brothers dinner and take it out of my paycheck tonight. I sigh when I notice almost half of my paycheck dissapears . Because I am an omega my paycheck is half of what a normal persons would be, and that is why I have two jobs so I can keep up with food and clothes.

I carry there food over and set down there food, but notice Zain is gone. I assume he is hiding under the table like he normally does, but when I check and he isn't there I start to panic.

"Kota, where is Zain?" I ask somewhat calmly so I don't freak out Gabriel. Kota finally looks up and shrugs before he looks back down at his phone, and that is when I break.

"Are you seriously that ignorant? I just asked you where our seven year old brother is, and you shrug. After all I have done for you and this family, and you don't appreciate it, and I'm done." I say as I stand up. I barely notice the few people staring at us as I search the room for Zain. When I don't see him I head in the back and look for him there, but he isn't there.

When I head back to the main dining room I see Kota walking around trying to find Zain and asking other costumers if they had seen him.

My eye catches on a patch of blonde hair racing around the street and my heart stops. Zain has blonde hair.

I push open the door and manage to see a trailer coming down the road and straight for Zain, but he is too far away from me to save him.

"Zain!" I shout as I run to where he is but I know I'm not fast enough to grab him and make it out of the way of the trailer. I keep running because I know one of us is going to be hit, and it is not going to be him. I grab him mere seconds before the trailer gets to us and place my body so Zain wouldn't get harmed, and then I am hit from the side.