Chapter Seven

Kota and I stand in front of Silas open mouthed. He only gives us a glance before looking around the street, he must be use to people reacting like we are.

"Wait? Does that mean I'm the Luna? I can't be the Luna, I'm a man." I say opposed to the whole idea. How would anyone take a Luna seriously is she is a he.

"Yes, you would be the Luna. And lately there has been a lot of male Lunas popping up around the world, you wouldn't be the first." Silas said as he shrugged his shoulders. He seemed a little uncomfortable with the conversation now that he realized I wasn't exactly happy about our situation.

"What? I haven't heard about that." I say as I go through my mind to try and remeber if I had heard anything about it.

"Its because your Alpha is an ass and doesn't care about the packs around him that are going to kill him if he doesn't get his head out of his ass." Silas seethed as he narrowed his eyes at us, begging us to deny him.

I am shocked at Silas' change in character, now I am seeing the bloodthirsty alpha who wouldn't mind taking out a pack just for the fun of it. Before, all I was seeing was the man he wanted me to see, the loving mate that would do anything for him.

"I've heard around that alphas have been surrounding the borders for a long time now." Kota says as he nods at Silas. Silas looks at him and nods too so I know that something is going on that the pack members don't really know about.

"What's going on? How did you know about this?" I turned to Kota as I stared at him. I could feel the betrayal in my eyes as he flinched at me before sighing.

"Sorenson, you know that because of your position in the pack that I can't tell you anything...." I scoff at him before turning around and stomping away from the two of them, dragging Gabriel and Zain behind me. They both call out to me, but I ignored them and continued on the way to our house.

Gabriel gets tired halfway to the house so I grab him and swing his up to my hip.

"Daddy, why were you mad at Kota and that nice man?" Zain asked as he swung my free hand with one of his.

"There has been a lot of secrets going on around here and Kota decided he wasn't going to tell me about it." I tell him. He nods as if he understands, but I don't think his seven year old mind really understands what I just said.

"Oh, well, I think Kota didn't mean it, he loves us, so he would never hurt us, right?" My throat clogs up as he asks his innocent question. Kota has never hurt anyone of us, but if Gabriel or Zain end up as omegas, will he treat them like he treats me? Like a lowly member of the pack who doesn't need to know about things that concern my safety and our families?

"No baby, I don't think Kota would ever intentionally hurt us." I tell him, but I have a hard time believing it. Kota is a strong warrior already at fifteen, who's to say when he comes of age at eighteen that he won't realize his strength and use it on the three of us.

I don't want to have to think of it, but with the people Kota hangs out with, I'm fear that he will become that person.

We reached the house after another ten minutes of walking. I know it's only a matter of minutes before Silas and Kota show up at the house, so I put Gabriel and Zain in the living room with their toys. I head to the kitchen and start boiling some water, I need some calming tea if I am going to be fighting with my brother, and my mate, for a while.