Chapter Eight

I'm sitting on the lone seat in our large living room when they finally get here. I can hear them whispering to eachother, obviously about something that a lowly omega like myself can't know about.

"About time you got here." I called out. I could hear the whispering stop before Kota and Silas showed up in the doorway to the living room. They both smiled at me with their heads tilted to the side. Their eyes are wide and I can see their lips wobbling.

"Don't even." I growl at the two of them. If they think that I will cave in just because they gave me the puppy dog eyes, then they are really stupid. All they have done is made me more angrier then I originally was.

"Come on, Sorenson! You know I didn't mean it. I can't tell you, it's confidential stuff." Kota pleaded as he plopped down on the seat next to me. Silas took a spot on the four seater couch, closest to me as he could.

"You say it's confidential, but then you know about it." I shot back. His shoulders slump in defeat before he turns his head to Silas pleadingly.

"Dude, I'm not backing you up. You're the one that fucked up." He said as he held his hands up in a surrender position. I glare at him before standing up and pouring my lukewarm tea into the sink.

"I don't care about who's fault it is, all I know is that you have been holding secrets from me, ones that affect this whole family, you included, and you, you never even told me about your pack position until ten minutes ago. I'm an omega, we don't deserve to live the life like Alpha's do, so I'm not happy with you either." I snap before starting to pull ingredients out of the fridge to make an apple pie. When I am stressed I bake nonstop.

"Oh no. He's baking." I hear Kota whisper as he stares at me in shock. I ignore him as I peal and slice the apples.

"What? What's wrong with him baking?" Silas whispered to Kota as he looked between the two of us.

"He only does it when he is really stressed. By the end of the night we will have five new pies and about a dozen different types of cupcakes and muffins, maybe a couple of cake I'd he feels like it." Kota whispered as he sunk down into one of the chairs at the island. Gabriel and Zain run out of their rooms but stop short when they see me baking. They scream before rushing back to their rooms. I scowl at all of them before throwing away the apple peals and cores.

"I don't see the big deal, if it's good, I'll eat it." Silas said as he peaked around my shoulder at the pie crust I am rolling out.

"Even if your full he'll stuff more down your throat until you throw up, then he starts crying because he thinks you hate how his food taste." Kota shudders from the memory of a few past experiences when I was stressed with finals, instead of studying I spent all night cooking.

"I have some new tart recipes is want to make, maybe some ice cream." I mutter as I peak in the fridge to make sure we had enough ingredients. I smile when I see we do before going back to my pie. I have always loved apple pie, it's so much better then any other kind I have had.

"Do you need any help, baby?" Silas asks as he comes next to me. He sets a hand on my back and I have a hard time fighting against the blush that goes up my cheeks when I think of where I really want his hand.

"Don't touch anything. You'll stress me out even more." I mutter as I watch his other hand lay on the counter top, he sigh before pulling away and heading back to where Gabriel and Zain had run to.

"Sorenson, I do a lot for you, Gabriel, and Zain. I need to keep you safe, and this was one of the things I had to do." Kota whispers as he watches me. My shoulders tense at his words and they make me angry.

"Of course. Why would I even question your actions for anything? It's not like you act like I'm a piece of dirt when your friends are around." I mutter to myself as I continue baking. I hear rather then see Kota freeze behind me, so I wasn't as quiet as I wished I was.

Kota stands up abruptly before slamming his chair into the island and storming out of the house. I push back the tears that want to leak out and continue with my task.

If he wasn't even able to handle me saying the truth, then I don't know what he will do when he finds out its true.