Chapter Three

Once I take in the anger I become scared. Did I do something that made him angry with me? I just met him amd I was already messing up everything! I should just let him reject me before I make him even angrier.

"I'm sorry, really, that you had to go through the trouble of saving me. All I am is trouble. It would just be best to reject me now so I don't ruin anything else for you." I say tearfully as I hold Gabriel close to me almost acting as a shield.

"Why would I reject my mate?" Silas asks while tilting his head to the side. I let out a whimper when I watch the small action. His neck is wide open and my wolf just wants to sink his teeth into the fleshy skin.

"I don't know, you just seem angry." I shrugged my shoulders and look to the ground. Now I messed up again, he seems upset that I asked him to get the rejection done with, he probably wanted to make me suffer. Wait it out until my wolf couldn't take it anymore and I would die from the pain.

"Who said anything about me rejecting you? Do you want me to?" He asks while raising his eyebrow. I'm well aware of Kota watching us from a short distance, close enough that he can probably hear everything we are saying, but I could care less. This is my mate, and I don't want to be rejected, so I need to know if I am being rejected!

"No, I don't want you to, but you seemed angry and I knew I probably did something stupid that made you not want me. I do that a lot." I say, muttering the last part under my breath. I'm sure he heard though because both of his eyebrows shot up before his eyes soften.

"No, baby. I'm not mad for any reason. I'm just jealous that you already have a baby, two actually, and they aren't mine." He explained as he brushed the pad of his thumb against my cheek. He stroked my cheek as he gazed into my eyes, mine locking onto his gorgeous green eyes.

"They, they aren't really my kids." I confess as I position Gabriel higher up on my hip. His mouth pops open as he looks between us. He eyebrows push together and I have to hold in the dreamy sigh that begs to escape as his beautifully sculpted nose scrunches the perfect amount to look cute.

"What do you mean? He called you daddy?" He asked as his eyes shifted over to Gabriel. Gabriel peeked his eyes out and squeaked when he saw us staring at him. He stuffed his head back into my neck and started suckling on my neck. He had been doing this ever since Kota and I decided it was best if he stopped using his pacifier. Sadly for us, it meant having hickies on our necks from our two year old brother.

"He's my brother, but I'm technically his father, Kota and I look after Zain and Gabriel." I tell him honestly. Most people don't know about our home life, let me correct that, no one knows about our home life. In this pack, most people only care about themselves, sex, and being best friends with the stuck-up Alpha son. All the girls want him, and all the boys want to be him. Most people don't have the time to care about the four orphans that are being mentally abused by their adopted parents, expecially when their adopted father is the head warrior of the pack.

"I never would have guessed, you all look so different." He said smiling at me. I smile back because I know its true. All of us have a different hair color, Kota is a brunet, Zain has black hair-much like Silas', Gabriel's is a red head, and mine is a dirty blonde. We all have different eye colors, besides Kota and Zain, they both have blue eyes that seem to pierce into you with their icy intensity. Gabriel has dull green eyes that go really cute with his fiery red hair, and me, I got stuck with the muddy brown eyes. Kota tries to tell me they look nice, like chocolate, but I really don't see it.

"Adopted." I said simply. He made an overexaggerated nod as he groaned aloud.

"Yes, I guess that does make sense." He smiled again, but this time it was the heart stopping smile, not the I'm-confused-but-I-am-going-to-smile-anyways-smile. Not that that smile isn't cute either, I'm sure any type of physical feature he has is cute, or handsome, or sexy, or big.

My cheeks blaze as my inner mind rambles. Here I am, after my brother and I am almost squished by a trailer, thinking about how big my mates package is, and if it's any consolation about what I saw earlier, I have a feeling he is huge, bigger then I could ever imagined.

"Well, I'm just glad your safe. I saw you burst out of the cafe and my wolf started howling, and I knew you were my mate. I thought you ran out of the building because you smelt me too, but then I realised you weren't when you ran right passed me and lunged for your brother. My wolf moved before I could even think and we had pushed you out of the way. I was terrified that I was going to lose my mate right after I found him. I don't think I would have been able to move on if I watched my mate die." He murmured as his hand once again cupped my cheek. I blushed under his gaze and lovely words. He really did know how to charm the pants off someone, but with his exotic looks and defined body, I'm sure he had lots of people charmed, and the thought itself made me die inside.