Chapter 11: Saturday

- Nya's POV -

I was reading through Potions: A Very Precise Dictionary when I heard a familiar yell from across the room.

"Hey, Nya! How was Potions?" Zach called. I put my fingers up to my mouth in a 'shush' sign. But of course, he didn't seem to get the message. "What ya reading?" He asks as he pulls out a seat next to me.

I lift up the novel so he can see the front cover. "That's nice." He said, clearly disinterested. But I didn't mind.

He put his arms around me and I leant on his shoulder. I stayed that way for a while, enjoying the comfort of just being with him.

"Have you heard much about Reed? You know, the girl who was attacked last week?"

"Yeah... She and Emily were friends or something. She's being released from hospital tomorrow.

"She was interviewed by the police, but she couldn't remember much, just... White eyes..." My voice shook, and I shut my eyes tightly, trying to get painful images out of my head. The dreams still haven't stopped. I realised I was gripping tightly onto Zach's shirt.

"Hey... It's okay. It's all over now. It was all over three months ago." Zach murmured. He was right. I couldn't let these stupid dreams get the better of me. Besides, dreams aren't real. If anything, they're just memories I can't get rid of.

But what happened to Mackenzie really spooked me. Maybe... Maybe she was a Wielder too? I shook my head, clearing my brain. Nah. I doubt it. Herobrine attacking his own Wielder? Unlikely.

Then there was my potions teacher, Mr Ranger. I had put that blood-red potion out of my head as much as I possibly could, but it was always at the back of my mind, haunting me as I tried to fall asleep. I hadn't told Zach about it; it wasn't his burden to carry.

Suddenly, Zach groaned in annoyance, looking ahead of us. Following his gaze, I realized Liz and her tag-along friends were watching us from behind the glass near the library entrance. Liz looked pouty, and not surprisingly so did the other two girls.

"They won't leave me alone! Seriously, yesterday Emerald had to ward them off with her sword!" I laughed at Zach's upset tone. Laughing felt good, like a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

We ignored Liz and her lapdogs and continued our conversation. "So," Zach asked, "How do you like uni so far? Hard? Easy? Fun?"

I thought about it for a bit. Sure, there were moments I didn't enjoy so much, but there were always the good times, like hanging out with Clare and Gemma and Emily, or spending time with Zach, or learning new things in classes.

So I said,

"Fun. Definitely fun."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Still Nya's POV -

It was a Saturday; my favourite day of the week. Less traffic, more free time. Saturdays were always good.

Particularly this Saturday. Today, along with Zach's dormies and some of my friends, was going to be spent shopping in Bloquear's Market District. I hadn't been there in what felt like years, even though it was only a few months since I left my hometown (on my Father's orders, may I add).

Waking up from my very comfortable sleep, I checked the clock which had been hung on my wall above my desk. Uh oh. Twenty minutes to get ready.

Damn myself and my terrible sleeping habits.