Chapter 35, Part I: Not One Bit Normal

Chapter 35, Part I: Not One Bit Normal

-

-

-

- Nya's POV -

-

Don't fall asleep. Don't fall asleep.

Don't. Fall. Asleep.

The white light retreated. Suddenly, I could breathe, and slowly, the world around me became coloured again - but it was mostly dull red.

Someone's cursing sounded in my ears, but the words were dull and disorientated. My mind started reforming scattered images of my environment, and I suddenly remembered where and why I was here, in Herobrine's palace.

To save my friends. To save Clare, if she wants to be saved. To save Zach.

For my own revenge.

I pushed myself back into the world of the living and moving and forced myself to become aware of everything, even though it hurt my head painfully. Herobrine, who was several feet away, dropped to his knees on the nether brick floor, facing away from me. He was muttering something, and I listened closely to hear . . .

"Not possible. It's not possible. Not possible . . ."

I spoke up, almost choking on the words; "What? What isn't possible?"

Herobrine continued muttering, his voice stuttered, shattered, broken. "Only one. They can only have one. Even if they did have another, I would sense it . . . It doesn't make sense. It's impossible."

"One what?" I spat out, louder than before. I was still weak and recovering from whatever the white light was, hardly able to move off the ground. I have to get to Zach, I thought.

Herobrine choked out an answer, something that he normally would never, ever do: "One for each Wielder. One power. Always. Never two, or three, or four or five or six. Always one. There has never been more than one power. One power for each Wielder."

He was ranting, yet I could still understand.

I was not normal. Not even on Wielder standards.

"You have two Special Energies. It's not possible. The possestion should have worked, it should have worked. The second power, it . . . It blocked me. This is impossible."

Two Special Energies.

I have two Special Energies.

I am not one bit normal.

Somehow, I felt amused. Maybe it's all caught up to me, and I'm going insane.

I am different, even as a Wielder.

It clicked, suddenly; this second power, whatever it happened to really be, had saved me.

And now I have to use that chance it gave me to save Zach. And Emerald, and Mackenzie, and Ethan and Gemma and Jordan and Vent. And maybe . . . maybe even Clare.

"A mental block," Herobrine said, still on the ground, sounding as if the world were crashing down. And maybe, perhaps, for him it was. "Your second power is a mental block. They're so rare, those energies. I've only ever seen them once before."

Then, suddenly, footsteps began racing, and to my shock, Clare settled herself beside him, her expression washed with worry.

"Herobrine!" she screamed. "Are . . . Are you alright?" She reached her hand down to touch his shoulder, and almost like a bolt of lightning, his hand shot up and grabbed her wrist in a hold that looked tight as tight and as strong as iron.