T h i r t y : S c o t t

A/N: kind of an after-the-fact chapter.
Comment & Vote

I closed the door, heart all but beating out my chest.

Daddy?

I ran a hand over my face. This was insanity! I wasn't his father! And how did we get to this point? I paced the hallway a few times. Part of me wanted to wake Puppy up and demand he end this nonsense. But I'd been very careful with him since the Incident. And that I mean the dislocating of his jaw.

We had quickly made a silent pact not to bring it back up. Out of sight out of mind right? Maybe this was him acting out. I had dismissed the entire happening and he's allowed me to.

I wondered if he even thought about it anymore. He couldn't have forgotten--he wore my bruises for nearly a week.

I scrubbed my hand over my face. It was my fault. I'd encouraged the behavior. But the fact I didn't call him out immediately was damaging. Puppy had said it without a though, burying himself into his bed.

His face was peaceful--clearly he was okay with the D-word.

I needed to talk to someone. I was overwhelmed and unsure. I went to my office grabbing the land line in one hand a bottle of beer in the other. As I dialed the first number that came to mind--Kyle's--I put the bottle down.

I wasn't Connor. I wasn't going to drink to solve my problems.

Kyle answered on the fourth ring sounded breathless and annoyed. "Hello?"

"Are you busy?" My tone was strained and quiet. Like this conversation required utmost secrecy.

"Scott? Are you alright?"

"Are you busy?" I repeated with added urgency.

"Uh, I was kind of in the middle of something--"

In the background I could hear Bailey calling for him. "You can't leave me high and dry Master!"

"One sec," muttered Kyle. "Bailey! Shut up and go back the room. I want you face down."

My stomach was twisting uncomfortably. A rush of emotions ran through me and I couldn't decipher a single one. "Hey Scott--you still there?"

"He called me Daddy."

"And there goes my erection--thanks Scott."

"Seriously Kyle. I don't know what to do."

"Is that not something you do?" Kyle asked somewhat flatly.

I felt bad for ruining his night but I was currently experiencing a new ended dry spell so it was hard to sympathize. "No! We're not...like that."

Kyle scoffed. "Please Scott."

"What do you mean?" I asked aggressively.

"Well you encourage him to embrace his childish side--no doubt due to the guilt from your little accident--and then are surprised when he views you as he does."

"I'm his Dom."

"You're his father."

"I am not."

"Well not literally no. But you're the father figure he's always wanted. You give him love and attention. You do the little shit like tucking him into bed. You can't be surprised Scott."

"When you say it like that..."

"Master!"

"Lord help me," Kyle muttered. "Give me a minute. I'll be back."