S i x t y - O n e : P u p p y

A/N: Comment & Vote

"Quit your whining."

I looked up at Scott who held blue ice in a paper cone. I smiled. "Thank you!"

He did not. He sat back silently. I munched on the ice for a moment before getting up to sit by him. "Do you hate me? Cos I got sick?"

I should have known better. I learned with Connor the importance of not getting sick in the case. Scott closed his eyes. "It's over." He reminded me. "Move on."

"Onto where?"

"Just be quiet and eat your ice."

I took a bite and let it melt. "I like the taste of blue."

"Great."

He wouldn't look at me. I felt small inside. "You're going to give me away."

"Enough. I'm not giving you away Puppy. But you're annoying me. I asked you specifically to be quiet and you're still yapping away."

Connor was never like this.

My old Dom had been much different. He got upset sometimes but it never hurt my feelings like this. Not that I didn't appreciate everything Scott did for me. He was a good Dom too.

Or a good Daddy.

I bit my lip. Being Little would make him mad--but I was halfway there. I decided to test the waters a bit. "Did...you bring my sippy?"

Scott looked sharply at me. "Not here." He growled. "I have a bottle of water with the top you suck on."

He passed it to me and I pulled up the tip with my teeth. I drank for a minute before I grew bored. "Is it almost over?"

"It hasn't started yet."

I felt a bead of sweat run down my forehead. "It's hot."

"I told you not to wear long pants."

I pushed out my bottom lip. "Can I go back and change?"

"No Puppy. I told you it would be hot today and you ignored me. Now you can deal with being hot."

"It was never hot when I was with Connor."

He ignored me. "Can I play on the tablet?"

"Again, I didn't bring it."

"Can't I watch a show on your phone?"

He sighed and pulled it out. "Fine. Don't move with it."

I watched for a while until I heard a shrill sound and a man saying "And they're off! Dash is taking the lead right from the beginning but Lucky is gaining on him--"

"It's too loud," I said over the loud voice. "Turn it down!"

"I can't Puppy. Come watch the horses."

I looked to find them almost at another gate. A tan horse passed first and people cheered. Scott grinned. "Fuck yeah," he muttered. "I knew you had it in you Lucky."

"Is it over?"

He glanced down at me. "Yes. Wasn't it fun?"

To watch horses run in a circle? We could do that at home! But I nodded my head. "Throw that thing out Puppy--it's melting."

"I wanna save it for later."

"You can't."

I looked down at it. Blue water ran over my hand. "Why not?"

"Because it's melting. Use some sense."

He took it from me and out in the trash can wiping his hands on his pants and motioned for me to follow him. Some people looked really angry in their seats. Scott went to a big group of people.

They were placing a ring of flowers around the horses neck. People were taking photos. Scott began to talk to people. The sun was really hot still so I went to find some shade. I made sure I could still see Scott.

Then I saw it.

A cat! But it was gray and white. And really little and skinny. It was lying in the shade too, little pink tongue out, panting. "Are you thirsty?"

The cat's yellow eyes flickered to me momentarily but she didn't get up. I sat by it and squirted water in my cupped hand. I held it down for her. She lifted her little head a moment and flickered her ears. Then she rolled over and drank.

Her little tongue felt sandpaper. Cheddar didn't lick me ever so I never knew what a cat tongue felt like. She drank until the water was gone and sat in front of me, as if waiting for me to give her more.

So I did.

"Puppy! Goddamn it!"

Scott appeared suddenly and kicked dirt at my little cat. She skittered away but I caught her and held her close. She scratched my shoulder some but calmed down when I let her.

I could feel her bones.

"Put the fucking thing down before you get rabies!"

"I see your Puppy found a kitty." Phillip stood behind Scott with a smirk.

Scott looked embarrassed. "Yes, uh, he's quite fond of animals. Even when he shouldn't be. Puppy please down the cat."

His voice was different. Like he was forcing himself to sound nice. "I want to keep her!"

"You have a cat at home. One is enough. That is a wild animal. Let it go."

"She's not wild she just does have a home yet! We can bring her home."

"I said no." He sounded angry.

"But Scott--"

"Your Master said no," Phillip contributed. "Surely you're not this poorly behaved? Your last sub was always so respectable--why chose this one?"

Scott went very still. "Put down the motherfucking cat."

"Scott--"

He slapped me hard enough to make me drop the cat. It skittered away and I held my face looking at him. He didn't look remorseful. He looked furious.

"Go to the car. Now."

"Connor never hit me!" I sobbed.

"Then maybe you should go back to him."

QOTC: Does Scott really mean what he did and said? Or did Puppy push him too far?