S e v e n t y - E i g h t : C h a r l i e

A/N: Comment & Vote

I did wait up.

Because Scott's bed was bigger than mine his absence was a lot more noticeable. I rolled over and pulled the tablet off the table. I thought about texting him but he was with his friend.

He didn't want to be bothered.

And space was important.

I looked through the TV channels for a while. To my surprise and amusement I found the Shark vacuum infomercial. It was both nostalgic and horrifying to see how something so painfully boring and simple had caught my attention.

The bed shifted and jolted awake. I hadn't even realized I'd dozed off. "Shit. I didn't mean to wake you up..."

"It's okay. I missed you." I crawled under the covers and curled up beside him. He pulled me close. "Did you have fun."

"I missed you." He replied. "That's all that matters."

His breathing evened out as he fell asleep and I was glad to drift off beside him.

***

Christmas morning came quickly.

I woke up far earlier than Scott and ran down the stairs to find the tree packed with gifts. A childish excitement made me want to wake up Scott.

Then again, a look at the clock proved it was only four am.

Why was I even up? I got a bottle of water and crept up the steps. "Where'd you go?"

"Drink." I slipped beside.

He rolled over with a sleepy smile. "Drink? Or peeking at presents?"

"Mmm...both."

"Get over here." He kissed my forehead. "Pass me the bottle."

I did so and he sat up taking a drink. "What time is it?" He picked up his phone and groaned. "Charlie."

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't realize what time it was and then I tried to be quiet--"

"Hush up and give me a Christmas kiss."

I let the worry fade away and I smiled. Our lips connected three times briefly. I drew back and looked at him. His hand came around to tangle in my hair and he pulled me in for a deep, passionate kiss.

My palms fell against his chest as I slid onto him, straddling his hips. "Wait, wait." Scott sat up and leaned in, resting his forehead against mine. "I love you Charlie."

"I love you too." I leaned to catch his mouth again. He turned his face however and kissed my neck. "What's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing." He said between his kisses.

I squealed as he rolled over suddenly, pinning my body beneath his. I hiked my legs up higher on his hips, wiggling against his erection. "You little minx." He lowered his face to catch mine. Our mouths moved against each other. "You're so beautiful. I love you so much."

I whimpered as he began to nip at my neck, sucking delicately. "You're going to leave a mark!" I whined trying to hide my smile behind a scowl.

"Good. Then everyone will know you're mine."

"Everyone already knows I'm yours." I reminded him. "When I remember to put on my collar of course."

"Forget your collar. How about a ring?"

"What?"

Scott sat up and presented me with a tiny black box. "Oh my God--Scott!"

"I want to make you mine. Officially. Forever." He snapped it open and a dazzling band caught the morning light beginning to stream through the window. "Will you marry me Charlie?"