F i f t y - F i v e : P u p p y

A/N: Kinda a short one. My Wattpad library isn't working and it's been like this for like a week now and I'm really sad!
Comment & Vote

I stabbed my spoon into the oatmeal.

The metal and the porcelain dinged together. Scott looked over the rim of his mug. "I've asked you not to do that twice now Puppy."

"Sorry..."

I didn't feel good. My tummy was tight and there were butterflies in them. I bit my lip and stabbed the spoon in again.

"Alright. You're done." Scott reached over and stole my spoon.

I didn't mind--I wasn't hungry. I did sigh heavily however. Scott frowned a bit at me. "Are you nervous buddy?"

I perked up. "Nervous? Yeah! That's what I am!"

"Well don't be. The next few days are going to be a ton of fun for you." Scott said with a comforting smile. "The flight is under two hours and we can watch a movie during it."

"There are TVs on planes?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes," confirmed Scott. "Little personal TVs."

"Do they have jello on planes?"

"Probably."

I kicked my feet a bit. "The plane flies?"

"Yes."

"What if I'm too heavy and it falls?"

Scott laughed. "That won't happen. Finish your drink."

I picked up the sippy and took a drink. I pulled it away. "This isn't my red juice! It's the yellow juice!"

"I'm sorry buddy," Scott replied. "We're all out of cran-raspberry. You like apple anyway."

"Yeah but not when I want red juice. Can I have some of that?"

"No. We don't have any. Please drink what I gave you."

I pushed my bottom lip out in a pout. "But Scott--"

"Puppy. We're trying to have a good day remember?"

"It can't be a good day if I don't have my juice!"

"Enough. It's time to leave anyway. Why don't you try to put on your shoes while I go talk to Kyle really quickly."

I didn't want to think about Kyle or Bailey. I felt awful inside knowing my only friend hated me now. All because I wanted to see the baby.

I didn't know what the big deal was. All it did was cry, eat, and sleep. But Bailey would rather hang out with the baby and hide him from me instead of spending time with me.

So I decided Bailey and I wouldn't be friends anymore.

For now at least.

I got down the from the table and went to the mud room. I pulled on my shoes and tried my hardest to tie them but... It didn't work too well.

"Need some help?" Scott asked as he came back.

I nodded my head. "I saw shoes on the TV that don't have ties! You just put your foot in it and when you step they light up. Do ya think we could some? I'll be real good Scott."

"Perhaps," Scott decided after a moment. "Ready?"

He pulled me up and I smiled hesitantly. "I guess so."

***

The Airport was teeming with people.

Everyone was moving so fast, pushing and shoving. So was Scott. "Quickly Puppy. Security is going to be a bitch..."

We got in a big line. "Scott I have to go pee."

"Not now Puppy."

"How long?"

He squeezed my shoulders. "I don't know but it won't be too long. Just hang in there alright?"

"Yeah...yeah okay."

He rubbed my shoulders as the line slowly shuffled forward. It felt like forever until some men talked to Scott. They took away my shoes and back and I walked under an arch. Then I got all my things back and Scott was hurrying me through.

"We've got some time before the fight. How about you use the bathroom and we can get a snack before we get on the plane? You didn't eat much for breakfast."

"Okay."

After we are we went to the bathroom he took me to a little restaurant. He got me little dish of strawberries and he got a cup of coffee.

I loved strawberries and normally Scott didn't give me this many! "Easy Puppy," he commented. "Let me see those."

I frowned as he pulled away the dish. He popped two into his mouth and put four into the lid, pushing it toward me. "What about the others?" I asked with a pout.

"I think you only need those," Scott replied. "Are you excited to go on the plane?"

"Yes... And scared. Mostly scared."

"That's alright," he smiled. "We're flying first class so it will be pretty comfortable."

"Are there beds?"

"No but the seats recline."

"Hm..."

***

I looked around the cabin.

"Sit please."

I slid into the seat and looked around. A lot of the people were wearing suits. "Scott? I think you're wearing the wrong thing."

He smiled. "Buckle up."

"Help me?"

He did so and I kissed his mouth all stealthy like. He smiled and tested his forehead against mine. "You taste like strawberries."

"That cos you bought me some--remember?"

Scott pulled a little green flat strip. "This is gum. Chew it so your ears pop."

"Pop off?"

"No. The change in altitude will bother your ears. This is to make it so that doesn't happen."

"Oh." I put in my mouth. "Is it made of toothpaste?"

"No. Just minty."

Suddenly we were moving. "Scott look!" I cried leaning to look out the window.

"Sit back," chuckled Scott.

The plane tipped back and then we were off!