ONE|Moving in.

TESS' P.O.V

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So, the efficiency of a machine is given as mechanical advantage divided by velocity ratio, multiplied by 100. Here...try this."

Zach finished explaining the topic 'machines' for what seemed to be the millionth time that night, then he passed the notebook to me, urging me to try to work out a problem.

I stared at him blankly, then at the note.

"No, thanks" I blurted out.
I just didn't understand the topic. Well, I almost never understand any topic in physics.

"What do you mean 'no thanks'? Tess, I spent two hours teaching you and you can't even work out this problem? What can you do then?" Zach asked, clearly annoyed.

I heard him, but chose to ignore him, because what I'm staring at now is better than listening to Zach rant or even studying physics.

"Tess," Zach called, and I ignored him.

"What on planet earth are you looking at?"

He waved his hand in my face and I slapped it away.

Apparently, Fixing my study table by my window was a very bad idea. Whenever I sit to work, I get distracted by petty things. Sometimes just a cat strolling down the street or the neighbours.

Zach followed my gaze out the window.

I watched as a pretty woman carried boxes up the steps and into the house.

Then the person I've been staring at followed.

A jaw-dropping handsome boy, about my age. That's when Zach spoke.

"Uh oh...this can't be good."

I looked at him as he played with my pen.

"What can't be good?" I spoke for the first time in the fifteen minutes.

He sent me a blank stare and arched a brow, as if he was stating the obvious and I couldn't understand.

"There's a pretty boy moving into the house that's just on our right, and my hermanita is already caught in a trance. That can't be good"

Zach said and I rolled my eyes, hitting him playfully.

"Shut up! Who says I'm caught in a trance? And I'm not even looking at the sexy boy okay?"

I put a hand over my mouth the moment that slipped out. Did I really say that?

Zach let out a laugh.

"Right. you weren't looking at him but you know he's sexy? How cool is that? "

I wish Zach would just go away and let me be.

"Tess, you have a test tomorrow. If I were you, I'd go study. You can stare at pretty boy tomorrow"

Well, you're not me.

I wanted to say, but changed my mind.

"Zach, I don't wanna study."

He sighed and face palmed himself.

"Why didn't you say that like two hours ago?"

"Because I thought I wanted to."

Came my reply, eyes still glued out the window, watching as they moved boxes into the house.

"You know what? that's your business. But I seriously think you should stop staring now, or you'll creep out pretty boy."

I gasped. While Zach was talking, pretty boy had walked into the room that's opposite mine in the house they just moved in.