SIX|Detention-Again!

Immediately the last bell rang, I walked up to the detention room,...and Flynn was standing outside the door.

"Hey Flynn,..what are you doing here?" I asked as I got closer to him.

He looked up, shooting me a smile and planted a kiss on my cheek.

Well, at first I thought he was going to kiss my lips-but I thought wrong. Flynn has never, ever kissed me. And he's my boyfriend. If you guessed right,...its killing me.

"Came to ask if you can be at football practice,..an hour from now"

I nodded...."sure, you know I'm always at your practices. And by the way,..How did you know I'd be here?"

He shrugged casually...."You get detention almost everyday Tess, that's how"

I pushed him playfully and he laughed. "Shut up!"

"Okay, see you in an hour then, favorite girl..." and he bounced off with that.

Wow, how ironic. If I'm his favorite girl as he said, what does that make Kristen? His favorite slut I presume. And why hasn't he kissed me yet?..

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, pushing my hair behind my ear and reaching for the doorknob,..but a hand held mine, stopping me from opening the door. I looked up to see Aidan.

"Aidan, let go of my hand..." I was still angry that he did everything possible just to be with me at detention.

"Is that jock your boyfriend?" Aidan asked, letting go of my hand.

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Not at all,..

He said hastily

....but I must say, you're a sore loser"

I'd already pushed the door open and was about to step in but stopped when he said that.

"What did you say?"

"You're a sore loser?" Aidan repeated. My anger was accelerating by the minute,..but I managed to swallow most of it.

"You know what Aidan, I shouldn't even be talking to you. But you should also know that Flynn is every way better than you...."

That made him laugh...."And how would you know that?...."

I didn't have the patience to stand and listen to him, or even answer his question. So I just ignored him and walked on into the classroom and straight to Mr. Nigel's table to see what my punishment is for today.

"Welcome Tess, 'been waiting for you...." Mr. Nigel said and I forced a smile.

Aidan walked in at that moment and took a seat, then crossed his legs on his desk. I could almost feel his heated gaze on my back, but I chose to completely ignore his presence.

"Here miss Ryder, you have to work with Mr. Martinez. You're expected to share ideas and come up with an article for the school magazine..."

Mr. Nigel's voice brought my senses back to my head and I collected the slip he was handing to me.

I don't get why I have to work with Aidan. I'm pretty sure I could come up with ideas without his help. I looked around, still standing with the slip. There were a bunch of ninth graders, working in groups of two.

Screw that.

I want to work alone. And that's exactly what's gonna happen.

"Uhh...excuse me....

Mr. Nigel looked up at me,..

...can't I just do this on my own?-I'm sure I can come up with something good..."

"Sorry Tess, but you have to work with someone.."

And pop goes the tiny bubble of hope I had.

I simply nodded and went and sat next to him.

"What shall we write about miss?..."
Aidan asked, turning to face me. I didn't even look up at him as I rummaged through my backpack for a pen.

"Did you hear what I said?..."

I ignored him and started writing a heading on the slip. He swiped my pen and that earned him a burning stare.

"Give my pen back...."

"I will if you stop ignoring me. Nigel said we have to work on this together. And why are you even angry?.."

I can't believe he's asking that.

"Why I'm angry is none of your business. And if I don't wanna work with you, you can't force me."

That made him gape at me as if I had gone crazy.

"Wow! I think I know what this is about. You're angry 'cause of what I said about your jock?....

Good thing he figured out.

...Since when do people get angry simply 'cause someone points out their opinion about something?"

Aidan had to ask that alright. And I wanted to end his life that instant.

"The thing is, I don't remember asking for your opinion of my boyfriend...."

His lips curved upwards into a lopsided smile when I said that.

"You're so weird and funny. So you think I shouldn't say what I think, because you didn't tell me to?..."

"Do you think you should?..." He thought for a while, then shrugged.

"It's a free world princessa..."

Exactly. That's reason why he shouldn't poke his nose in what doesn't concern him.

I got up and changed my seat. As far as I could get from him. The one who's supposed to keep an eye on us was asleep, so I had no problem.

The one hour was rounding up and I still haven't thought of anything to pen down. I was bored to the point of death that I started drawing small circles and random things on the slip.

"You look bored...." Aidan said, hovering over me and casting a shadow on my slip.

I looked up at him..."I know right. It's called minding my business. You should try it sometime."

He let out an exasperated sigh before speaking.

"Listen, I shouldn't have said all those things about your boyfriend...."

"Are you saying sorry?...." I cut him off.

"What? -No!.."

I'm literally dealing with a case of an enormous ego.

"Then please get lost. I have to go and your ego is blocking the way..."

The minutes had rounded up and I got my things, then pushed him aside and submitted my empty slip.

I walked out of the classroom, not looking back even once and I could only imagine the look on Aidan's face.
Someone has got to teach this boy manners. And that someone has to be me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm putting up five chapters today. Be sure to read the others. This is the first.

♥Vote♥

♥Share♥

♥Comment♥

Gorgeous_Chaos_