NINETEEN|Waiting.

Aidan invited me to lunch with the boys and I thought this is my cue to making use of Mae's list.

I got the notepad and read through the list. Item number 5 says;

Make him wait.

Now, that's interesting. This boy thinks he's God's gift to girls or that the world revolves around him...

Which makes him think every girl would kill to spend time with him and wouldn't wait a split second once she gets the chance.

But I'll show him It's not always like that...

That some girls are different.

I'll make him wait!...

Or better yet,...make him wait and not show up...

I was supposed to meet them at 1:00pm and the time says 12:30 now. They'd be expecting me to show up in 30mins.

Since I wasn't going to have lunch with them, and I had nothing doing, I decided to sleep, shoving my phone underneath my pillow.

*Minutes later*

My phone started ringing and woke me up,...I knew he'd call.

I pressed the phone to my ear and let him speak first...

"Where on earth are you? It's 1:40 Ryder..." Aidan said and a yawn escaped my mouth...

Fuck....

"WTF Ryder...were you sleeping?"

"What?...no,..no I'm not. I'll be there in 15.." I said quickly and he hung up.

And I immediately went back to sleep...

*30 minutes later *

"Tess...it's fucking 2:10 in the afternoon. You're an hour and 10mins late!..."

Aidan yelled through the phone the moment I picked the call...

He was clearly pissed...

That's a huge understatement actually...

"Aidan...I can't make it okay? ...you guys go on and have lunch without me..." I said Cooly and hung up without giving him a chance to speak...

I've done what I had to do...

Now...

To brace myself for what's coming my way....

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"What the helldid you do that for?" Aidan asked angrily as he stared at me...

...waiting for me to answer..

"Why are you getting so worked up simply cause I didn't show up at lunch?..." I replied with my own question.

"Because you made me look like a fucking liar...

...I told the boys clearly that you were coming.."

I arched a brow and made an 'o' shape with my mouth..."you didn't tell them why I couldn't make it?..."

He rolled his eyes and face-palmed himself in annoyance....

"I would have done that if you'd told me your darn reason..." he snapped at me.

I flinched and studied him. I noticed his eyes weren't as blue when he's angry. And I found that to be somewhat sexy.

Stupid! ....A little voice sang in my head..

"I just didn't show up at lunch Martinez...why are you acting like a bitch over it?...."

"Just lunch?....