TWENTY-THREE|Memories.

A/N: If you've noticed,..all the previous chapters are in Tess' POV. But from now on,..I'll be writing in Aidan's POV as well,..just not as much as Tess'. You can get back to the story now. Thanks.

*   *   *   *   *

AIDAN.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

She hurried out the door, Nigel calling after her,..but she didn't even stop. I stared until she was out of sight.

Her eyes were brimming with tears before she left,...and she did great at holding it back.

"..You used me?..."

Her words rang in my head,..and for the first time in ages,...I felt guilty for doing something.

What she doesn't understand is,..I Never planned any of this. I didn't plan to kiss her. No one dared me to do it.

It sort of just happened.

But I wasn't gonna tell her that. It's best she thinks 'I used her'...

That way,..she's not gonna have crazy thoughts that maybe I like her.

Just the thought of that makes me cringe. I do like her,..but not in the way she'd be thinking.

I rubbed my face with my palms and draped my backpack on my shoulder and walked out.

I needed to see her.

Maybe I should apologize. It's not my thing,..but Tess seems different. I like that she's always blunt.

Yeah,..she says she hates me,..and maybe she really does,..or maybe it's cause I pissed her off....

Whichever it is,...I like that she tells me what she feels about me.

I didn't see her in any of the other classes we had today. I can't even guess where she could be. She might be locked in a toilet stall crying her heart out....

.....and maybe not. She's not that kinda girl.

I said she was a sloppy kisser. But that was just to shut her up. She was talking too much and I wanted her to quit ranting. It worked well.

I just hope she doesn't confront the boys as to why 'they dared' me to kiss her.

I never even knew I could cook up a lie in seconds. I shook my head to clear my thoughts as I stepped into my room.

I freshened up and decided to go see Tess at her place. I just hope she doesn't rip off my neck.

¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤

TESS.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

When the last bell went off,..Flynn offered to take me home and I didn't decline. I don't want to risk seeing that bastard.

He dropped me off and drove away. My anger had died down a lot now,..and I couldn't wait to tell mom about my day.

She was in the living room,..reading a book. Mom is more of a book person than movies.

"Mom..you can't guess what happened today...." I said the moment I was sitted beside her,...

She closed her book and looked up...

"Maybe I can....

She thought for a while..

....wait. you didn't get detention today?..." mom asked and I laughed.