EIGHTEEN|The List.

Ivy and Mae came over to my house after school. We've been busy all through the week and didn't get to hang as usual.

Even Aidan had become less annoying, I guess it's the work load taking effect.

"Tess, what exactly have you done or have attempted to do as a move to making that asshole fall for you?..." Ivy asked out of the blue.

It's like she'd forgotten what his name is or just thinks he doesn't deserve to be called anything good, judging from the names she calls him...

Asshole, dimwit, douche, bastard.......to name a few.

I don't blame her though.

I fixed the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle I was putting together and looked up at her....

"We are getting pretty close?..." I state....but it sounded more of a question than an actual statement.

"How are you doing that?..." Ivy asked again,..her tone was clearly insinuating I was doing a dime's worth work.

Sometimes I wonder why I even got  myself into this shit of helping her get back at the player. Ivy isn't exactly the kind of person you'd want to help...

But guess what?.....

I'm doing it anyway,...because I love her!

"Ivy,..I get stuck with this boy in detention like every fucking school day,..I sit with him and his friends at lunch even though he suffocates me...and guess who has to deal with his shit at home.?....

Ivy didn't answer. Of course she knows it's a rhetorical question!

....still me.." I finished.

"O...Kay" Mae said awkwardly, looking from me to Ivy.

Ivy rolled her eyes..."sorry to say this princess!...

"You didn't call me that..." I cut her off and she smirked...

...I think I did...."

Then she continued...."with what you've just said...it's gonna take the whole time we have left at high school for him to even start crushing on you..."

She didn't just say that....

"I can do better than that..."

Ok...she did say that and she meant it...

I flared up..."Oh really?...why don't you do this yourself then, genius!...I'm only tryna help you but you think this whole shit is a damn obligation.....

....I'll tell what..I'm not doing this anymore!...

That sent her jaw slacking...and Mae stared at me wide eyed.

I nodded and continued...."yes Ivy. I'm done!..."

"You don't mean it Tess?..." Mae asked, hopefully...

I shook my head no..."No Mae...I mean it. Here I am thinking I deserve a god-damn medal for spending hours with someone I hate only to have the person I'm doing it for not appreciating it......

....so like I said, I'm officially done!"

Mae nodded in understanding and didn't say a word. All the while I was talking,...Ivy was quite and I didn't even look at her until I heard Mae speak...

"Oh My God Ivy. Please don't cry..."

I looked at Ivy, and true to Mae's words,...she was crying.

I hate seeing my friends cry. Ivy especially. And knowing that I'm the reason hurt me even more.

But guess what again. ....