Growing

Year
1996

-O(+>-

Zain, he's my soul and heart. He's already following in my and Liyah's footsteps, with music. I'm kinda on the fence about it because this mess I was in but he's only two years old. Well almost three, it's one month till his birthday and we never celebrate it because of well me. I know Angeliyah wanted to give him a birthday party for his first one but she didn't even bring it up. She gave up everything for me. Meat, Holidays, even counting time. Liyah is strong for that and I love that about her. But this year, since Christmas is around the corner and so is Zain's birthday, I think we should celebrate at least this time. It will be his first Christmas.

"What you thinking about honey?" Liyah asked me while sitting in the roll around chair in our studio.

"I think we should start a tradition. Since Zain is turning three, I think we should celebrate his birthday and Christmas one time with him. And the next time we do it, is when he's 16 and so on." I said as she thought.

"So what you saying is every fourteen years, we will celebrate Christmas and his birthday?"

"Yeah, because I don't want him getting use to gifts every year. We need to have him stay humble. This will also go for future children we have."

Liyah was hesitant about it but agree. She just got back from a tour and I was going one soon.

"I guess I better get shopping. Christmas is in three weeks you know?" She raised her eyebrows. I reached over kissing her lips as Liyah giggles.

"Eww Daddy!" We turned our heads to Zain who had a toy guitar around his neck. Liyah and I laughs as he walked over to us.

"I saw wou on Tv, daddy." I laughed and put him on my lap.

"Oh really? And it YOU not wou." He nodded his head.

"YOU was singing some song. When doves fly?" He said but I shook my head as Liyah laughs.

"Sweetie you saw daddy singing but the song is When Doves Cry." She said while he smiles.

"I like it the song. I'm going to watch more." Zain hop off my lap leaving the studio.

"Come on, I think we need to talk about him and the television. Next thing you know he will be singing Darling Nikki." I grabbed her hand while she giggled.

We walked into the living room where Zain was with his cookies and saw glued to the tv. I grabbed to remote and turned it off. Zain jumped up looking around but then saw us. We all sat on the couch.

"Zain, we think it's time for you to do something other than watch tv." I said.

His face switch from innocent to ready to kill.
"No! I wanna watch videos."

Is this little boy crazy?

"Zain you heard what your father said. Don't you speak to him with that tone of voice. Now come on, you have millions of toys you can  play with."  Angeliyah says as Zain looked down.

"I don't wanna play with toys. I wanna do what you and daddy do, mama." He told his mother then crawl into her.

"You wanna what?" I asked.

"I wanna play the guitar like you daddy. And sing like you and mama." Zain jumped up and down in Angeliyah's lap.

"Really? Why you didn't tell me and daddy before?"