Chapter 13

Addalie’s POV

 That couldn’t have been any more awkward, could it? No, I don’t think it’s possible. Ugh. Why did I come again?

 I glanced at the tall boy standing next to me.

 Oh yeah, that’s why.

 I shook the thought away almost as quickly as it appeared in my mind.

 “Addalie?” I heard Blair ask.

 I focused my attention back on her as everyone was watching me.

 “Sorry, what?”

 “Why don’t you and Harry go outside and take a look at the cars? Maybe you can help him choose one?”

 I looked at her straight in the eye as she raised her eyebrows questioningly and a small smirk grew on her lips. She knew what she was doing.

 “Sure.” I knew exactly what she was doing too. Honestly, I didn’t really mind.

 I led the way back out the door as Harry followed behind.

Alone. With Harry. Apparently today is “Let’s put Addalie in as many awkward situations as possible day.”

 We walked back out into the hot summer sun and Harry moved to walk beside me.

 “So…what do you know about cars?” I asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

 He looked at me and a small smile played on his lips before answering, “Not much really. I mess around with them sometimes but I don’t actually know what I’m doing.”

 I laughed at his response. “Really? Don’t all guys love cars?”

 “Oh I’m not saying I don’t love cars, I just don’t know anything about them.”

 He laughed at his own words. He had a wonderful laugh. It filled me all the way to the top with happiness, and there was a smile on my face to prove it. I tried to hide the smile, but that was completely pointless.

 We walked towards a row of cars and he began to look over them.

 “I don’t really know much about cars either,” I spoke as he looked, “all that I know about them is what I’ve heard from Logan.”

 At the mention of Logan’s name Harry looked over at me and slowly nodded. Suddenly I hated myself for bringing him up.

It was silent for a few moments as he continued to look down the row of vehicles.

 “Seeing anything you like?” I asked. The silence was unbearable.

 He shrugged. “Not necessarily. But like I said, I don’t really mind. Which one do you like?”

 “Me?”

 He nodded.

 I bit my lower lip as I thought and looked down the line of vehicles.

 “The black one there on the end is nice.” I pointed towards the small black car.

 Harry looked to where I was pointing, and a smile played on his lips. He glanced back at me with that smirk and I gave him a questioning look.

 “How do you feel about motorcycles?” He asks.

 Motorcycles? Where did that come from?

 When I didn’t respond, he turned and walked towards the end of the line, the smirk still stuck to his lips.

 I followed behind and laughed when I finally saw what he was referring to.

 “You’re gonna rent a motorcycle?” I asked.