Chapter 34

Unfortunately, Harry had to let go of my hand in order to push his bike the rest of the way to my apartment. When we finally got there, I could see the beads of sweat that had formed on his forehead, signifying that pushing the bike through the heat had been tiring, regardless of the muscles that were held tightly by the sleeve of his t-shirt. Every time I saw his tattoos they fascinated me, and I wanted to know if he had more, but how was I supposed to ask a question like that? ‘Hey Harry, take your shirt off, I wanna see more of your tattoos’.

I laughed at the thought of his reaction to that. Although, he may happily oblige, and I wouldn’t mind…

I pushed away the thoughts as we climbed the stairs and I unlocked the door.

“Do you want a drink or something?” I asked as I hung my keys on a hook.

He nodded as he closed the door behind me. “Yeah, maybe some water if that’s alright.”

I led him to the kitchen and pulled a cup out of the cabinet, and then filled it with cold water from the sink. When I turned around to hand it to him, I nearly dropped the cup right onto the floor.

His tall frame was leaning against the counter, and he was wiping the sweat off his forehead using the bottom of his t-shirt; exposing his entire torso.

I don’t know if this is fate or just my lucky day, but somewhere in the heaven’s God was listening to my prayers.

It certainly answered my questions about his tattoos, as there was a couple that I could fully see. The most obvious one was a large butterfly, or moth, in the center of his torso. Now that was…different. Out of all the tattoos that I could imagine Harry having, a giant butterfly was not one of them. But somehow, it still fit him and made him look even better; who knew that was possible?

I couldn’t ignore how toned his stomach was, you could see the outline of his abs and it made him look even more perfect. It also made me slightly self-conscience. I was not toned or chiseled, or even incredibly thin for that matter. I didn’t have a “thigh gap” and my weight didn’t show up like I wanted it to on the scale. Why would someone as perfect as Harry want to be with me?

“Addie.”

I jumped and looked him straight in the eye, which I immediately regretted. He had the biggest smirk plastered on his face and I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.

“You were biting your lip again babe. What were you thinking about?” He asked in the most seductive way I’ve ever heard.

I tried my best not to let him intimidate me.

I rolled my eyes and handed him his cup of water as I walked past him into my living room.

“You did that on purpose. You know exactly what you’re doing.” I called over my shoulder as I kicked my shoes off by the couch.

“And what is it that I’m doing?” He asked as he leaned up with his shoulder against the wall.

I placed my hands on my hips, trying to muster up confidence, but he still had that same blasted smirk on his lips, and it was distracting me.

“You…I just…Don’t…ugh! Stop looking at me like that Harold!” I finally gave up and plopped down on the couch, crossing my arms and pouting like a child.

I heard his chuckle behind me as he leaned down and put his lips to my ear.

“What would you do if I am doing it on purpose?” He whispered.

Chills ran down my neck and my arms as my heart rate quickened.

Think dominant. I told myself.