Chapter 35

“It’s too hot!”

Silence.

I groaned and tried to move, tried to get some cool air. I struggled with my eyes closed to remove the heavy blankets from my body. I froze when I heard a groan that didn’t come from my throat.

I opened my eyes and saw the bright light shining through my windows, and there was an unfamiliar scent in the air. I tried to sit up once more and got half way up before I was yanked back down again, and there was another groan as a body pressed closer to mine.

I struggled to turn enough so that I could look at the face that was nuzzled into my neck. He was completely wrapped around me. His arms wrapped around my waist, his legs intertwined with mine, and his face covered by my hair. A smile formed on my lips as I brushed my hair away from his face.

“Harry,” I whispered, not sure if I had woken him or not.

When I received an answer in the form of a snore, I had to bite the inside my cheek to keep from giggling.

I didn’t know what time it was, but I wasn’t too concerned; I didn’t have anything planned today anyway. I enjoyed my time staring at the beautiful sleeping face, only inches from mine.

After what I assumed was about fifteen or twenty minutes, I noticed that I was beginning to sweat, and I could see my skin shimmering from the moisture. Doing my best not to wake Harry, I wriggled from under his arms and pushed a pillow to the spot that I just moved from. When his soft snores continued, I slipped into the bathroom and turned on the water. As soon as the water was warm I undressed and stepped into the steamy shower.

I let the hot water ease the ache in my neck and shoulders from being scrunched together on a couch with Harry all night. I really can’t believe I fell asleep, I mean we were only going to watch a little TV and then Harry was going to head back to the hotel, but I guess plans changed.

I laughed as I imagined the reaction Niall would have, and then the reaction Blair would have when he told her. Nothing happened though; we simply fell asleep…together…on my couch…all night long…

I shrugged off my thoughts as I turned the faucet off and rang the excess water out of my hair. I wrapped it in a towel and then wrapped a towel around myself before the cold air could reach my skin.

Stepping out of the tub, I realized that I hadn’t grabbed any new clothes to change into.

Crap.

I glanced at my laundry basket in the corner, and scrunched my nose. No, it’s too gross to put on dirty clothes. I guess I’d just have to sneak down the hall, and hope Harry was still sleeping.

I cracked open the door and peaked down the hallway while I securely tightened the towel around my naked body. I didn’t see him or hear anything, so I decided to take my chances and make a break for it.

I swung the door open and flipped off the lights in the same motion, and then quickly walked down the hallway to my bedroom, trying to keep my footsteps silent.

I stepped into my bedroom and then shut my door. When I turned around I nearly screamed as Harry turned around to look at me.

His eyes went wide and he quickly turned his back towards me.

“Harry! Why are you in here?!” I yelled as I frantically tried to hide the rest of my body behind the towel.

With his back turned to me and his hands in his hair, his voice came out a tad shaky and surprised, “I just, I thought you were in here, and then I saw the pictures, and I just, I wasn’t snooping I swear, I just,” His stuttering faded as he ran out of excuses. “I promise I didn’t know you were in the shower. I would have stayed put.”