Chapter 26

Blair and I sat and watched cheesy, barely entertaining movies until the sun started to disappear from the sky. Every so often her phone would vibrate, but she would always ignore it.

            “Blair, you can answer your phone if you want.” I told her, not wanting her to neglect anyone just because of me.

            She shrugged. “It’s alright, it’s just Niall.”

            “Just Niall?” I laughed. “Blair, I know you want to answer that phone more than anything in the world. Just do it. I’m fine, really.”

            She smiled. “Thank you!” She grabbed her phone and immediately began to text a reply message.

            I decided to look at my phone for the first time all day. There was absolutely nothing there. No calls from anyone. Not Logan, and not Harry. I reminded myself that I needed to officially break up with Logan at some point.

            Tomorrow. I told myself; tomorrow I’ll text him and tell him to meet me so we can talk.

            That was going to be a hard conversation. No matter how much I wanted to put Logan and all that pain behind me, I knew there was still going to be pain caused. I would be ending a relationship and I’d officially have no one to lean on. Great.

            I opened my twitter app and scrolled through it, not finding anything particularly interesting to look at. While I was trying to entertain myself with tweets, a message appeared at the top of my screen.

            “We need to talk. I want to meet you tomorrow at the park. Please Addalie. Don’t make up your mind yet.”

            The sender was “My babe”. It was Logan.

            Before I responded I went into his contact and changed his name so it only said “Logan”. No smiley faces, no nicknames, and no hearts. Then I went back and tried to comprehend the message. Logan said he wanted to meet with me…I was really hoping I’d be the one to initiate the meeting. I inhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes. I had to do this.

            “What time.” was all I replied.

            A few moments later, my phone vibrated again. “1. And I know you don’t work tomorrow, no excuses. Please.

            It annoyed me that he knew my schedule so well. I only worked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and since tomorrow was Tuesday he knew I had nothing to do all day.

            I sighed and quickly punched out, “Fine. 1.” And clicked my phone off.

            “Everything ok?” Blair asked.

            “Logan text me. He wants to meet tomorrow at 1 to talk. He asked me not to make up my mind about all of this, but it’s too late. He waited until,” I glanced at the clock, “9 pm, that means he waited over 6 hours to contact me. I’m done with him.”

            I swallowed tears that were only a result of frustration. Blair looked at me caringly.

            “I don’t blame you. I’ll be there in spirit to encourage you.” She says sweetly.

            I thank her and laugh. If I don’t laugh I’ll cry, so I chose to keep my tears away a little longer, because goodness knows there will be more tomorrow.

            “Anything from Harry?” She asks quietly.

            I look up at her quickly. “No, why?”