Chapter 19

Where are you?

 Why didn’t you answer my calls?

 Addalie?

 Hello?

 I need to talk to you. Now.

 Are you still with him?

My heart raced as I read through Logan’s texts. There were more like this, plus endless phone calls. He was going to be so angry. No wait, he already was angry. And I was definitely going to get it.

 I stalled as long as I could before picking up my phone once again and dialing Logan’s number. As the phone started to ring on the other end, I heard a knock on my door. I froze and hung up. Was it Harry?

 I jumped up from my couch and quickly walked to the door, careful not to let whoever was there hear my rapid footsteps. I was just about to look through the eyehole when I heard Logan’s voice and more knocking.

 “Addalie! Addalie open this door right now!” He screamed.

 I quickly unlocked the door and opened it to reveal my very pissed off boyfriend.

 I couldn’t say anything; I just stood there frozen, waiting for him to speak. I didn’t have to wait very long.

“Well? Do you have an explanation?” He taunted while walking past me and into my apartment.

 “You’re being a bit rude.” I said sarcastically as I closed and locked my door again.

 He walked into my living room and turned, waiting for me to join him. I stood a cautious distance away and watched him. Logan would never hurt me physically, but he was pretty pissed at the moment.

 “Yeah you’re being a bit rude too.” he challenged. “I called you and you didn’t answer. So I waited and called you again; nothing. So I text you. A lot. Still nothing. More calls, more texts, no answer. Well now I want an answer.”

 “An answer to what?” I tried to sound innocent, but there was no way he’d buy it.

 “I am not an idiot Addalie. I know exactly where you’ve been. You’ve been running around town with that fucking stranger. And don’t try and deny it.”

 I felt anger boiling inside of me. Harry was not a “fucking stranger”. He was my friend. “I wasn’t going to deny it. Yes, I’ve been with Harry and Blair, and Harry’s friend Niall. For your information they’re my friends.”

 “This again with the friends?! You’ve known them for a day Addalie!” His voice rose and he stepped closer to me.

 I took a deep breath. It would be no good if I started yelling too. Keeping my voice low, I said, “You don’t know Logan. You can’t decide who my friends are. You weren’t there, you don’t know…”

 He cut me off. “Exactly. I wasn’t there. You were with a guy all day alone. I don’t know what you’ve been doing. For all I know he took you to the hotel and-“

 “Stop it. Don’t even. You know that I would never, ever do anything like that to you. Although I can’t say I have the same confidence with you!”

 The words flew out of my mouth before I could catch them. This wasn’t how I wanted to bring up Mailee.

 His face paled slightly and his mouth fell open. “What are you talking about?”

 I composed myself and held my tongue. I couldn’t hide forever; I had to tell him…I stared at the wall.

 “Addalie, don’t ignore me.” His voice was threatening.