Family

Chapter 12

After the photo shoot, Big Bang and I gathered backstage for a late lunch.

I stared at the 5 boys chatting away as they ate.

They all act so normal... Unlike their expected characters for their fans.

"Something wrong Celia? You've been stabbing at your rice for 5 minutes."

I snapped out of it by TOP's voice as I shook my head no in return.

"Somebody get this girl a fork." GD said when he saw my fail attempts at chopsticks.

But, I want to learn.

"I'll teach you!" Seungri volunteered as he grabbed my dominant hand. He moved behind me and demonstrated the technique with my hand in his as his head laid on my shoulder.

There goes my personal space...

"Get off of her." GD's serious voice broke the lighthearted atmosphere and we stared at him. "Uh, I mean... She's not going to learn that way. There's more than one way to hold the chopsticks you know..." GD looked at the ground and trailed off shaking away the ominous tone he had earlier.

Weird... There's more than one way to hold it?

"Jiyong is right." TOP told Seungri having couple seconds of silence before Seungri got off to walk back to his seated spot.

Wow, respecting elders is really a big thing in Korea.

"So! Tell us about your life in New York?" Taeyang asked when we were halfway through our meal.

"Well..." I began as I placed my utensils down while the boys stared at me in anticipation. "It's hard to get a job, I guess you could call me a starving artist haha."

"Starving artist?" Daesung wondered curiously and I explained.

"When an artist can't get sells, either they had no fans, supporters, clients, or they just don't have enough money to feed themselves... Kinda like Vincent Van Gogh."

They 'oh'ed as they all questioned farther. All except Jiyong.

"How are you feeding yourself?"

"What's your art?"

"What do you do?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"One at time you guys! I had a part time job to support myself kinda while I painted on the side to sell, they are mostly oil paint of flowers, and... what?" I was caught off guard by the last question as I tried to recall my past. Everybody glared at Seungri from the corner of their eyes as Seungri just grinned. "Umm, no..."

It's been awhile since I've been with someone.

There was a moment of silence as I felt the gears of the boys' brains turning.

"Soooo... What happened?" Taeyang broke the awkwardness as I mentally thanked him.

"Nothing, I just... Lost interest." I lied trying to hide my real reason.

"In men?" TOP asked in an alarmed tone as I waved my hands in front of me in defense.

"Oh, no. I just... It didn't work out." I reminisced my bad memories I had desperately tried to wipe away.

They all ended the same way.

"Why not?" Taeyang questioned as the members leaned in with full attention.

"I... I have a problem when I get too deeply involved." My lack of answer disappointed them as they backed off sensing my uneasiness.

It's an embarrassing secret that only Mia and I knew.

"I wouldn't care if I'm your boyfriend!"

I laughed at Seungri's attempted to cheer my mood.

"Thanks-"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Seungri was immediately held back by the other guys as I watched the grappling match before me.

"Haha, I don't think it's a good idea to date a star." I giggled at the amusing battle scene that resembled a friendly wrestle.

"Eh? But you're a star yourself." TOP released Seungri's ear and sat down to eat again.

"Oh yeah... I don't know... Maybe."

The rest of the guys left Seungri's beat up form after who knows what they said.

"Celia, I know it's hard to trust us since it's only been a week. But you must know you're working for YG. You're now part of the family." Taeyang's words veered my attention away from Seungri's twitching feet as I pondered on the last word.

"... Family." I repeated in a slow quiet tone and I saw GD's eyes grew wide.

He said something in Korean which caused the other guys to match his face.

"Celia! You have no mom or dad?" Daesung asked sweetly in a pity way.

"No."

The guys looked at each other as they huddled up around me. Even Seungri joined them when he heard my answer.

"Well, you have one now." TOP said while everyone smiled at me.

I began to tear up.

"Welcome to YG family." Taeyang laughed at my happy emotion.

"No, welcome to Big Bang family." GD smirked as I stared at him.

I, I have a family now.

Even though I won't be in it for very long...