Family night

Chapter 36

Part 2

"Don't open that door! She's there to kill ya!" Seungri squeezed the sofa pillow as he snuggled up close to me.

"Shut up Seungri, we're watching the movie too!" Daesung hugged the baby blanket as he scooted closer to me as well.

This cramped couch is getting way too hot.

I moved down to the ground and Jiyong sat right by me.

Then everybody ended up sitting on the ground in front of the flatscreen TV.

Well that's that.

I can't enjoy my kind of movie without everybody squishing me.

I found Jiyong's quivering hand amongst the cluster of pillows and blankets, and I squeezed it hard.

He looked at me with a surprised face but then smiled.

"I thought you were going to be the one holding on to me during the movie." He whispered into my ear as I scanned the room in quiet laughter.

We decided to watch One Miss Call the Japanese version. The lights were off and all the boys were scared to death.

Seungri seemed to be the only one openly admitting it as Daesung and Jiyong shook uncontrollably. TOP and Taeyang barely said any words, but still jump when there's a scary scene.

Only horror movies bring out the true nature of humans.

Heheh, it's my 7th time watching that movie.

I intended to study how the boys would react to one of the scariest movie ever made.

The tense was killing everyone and Jiyong hid his head behind mine while wrapping his arms around me.

It was romantic until everybody copied him.

Now I got 5 pairs of arms around me, refusing to let go.

Soooo... Hot...

"Guys, I need to breathe too..." I whimpered up as I tried to get out the hug pile. I stood up when they didn't bulge, but when I walked away, they whined wanting me to come back. "I'll be right back, I just need some cold air.

I quietly entered the living room balcony and peeked over my shoulder to see the boys all snuggled up together under their blankets.

The pillows replaced me as their shield against the creepy lady on the screen.

It was a sight to see.

This has been really fun, I feel like I'm in a..

A real family.

I veered myself away from the sentimental thoughts and leaned on the balcony railings to admire the night view.

The city of Seoul was bright as the stars in the purple night sky. The city's skyscrapers poked the clouds as the swaying lights colored them.

Fireworks shimmered in tall parts of the city, while lower buildings slept like the people living inside them.

Dimming rave music can be heard from every direction as street cars drove by blasting their own tunes around the blocks.

On the busy sidewalks, moveable food stands puffed out a series of smoke, causing young and old people alike to follow that source of tasty aroma. While teenagers searched blindly for clubs only to be kicked out by partygoers who dressed better.

I chuckled to myself.

The city never sleeps.

As more and more clouds flew by, the moon began to show its crescent body. It glistens like the windows of corporate buildings, towering over civilians who all gathered around the nearest bar.