Scary movie

Chapter 50

"Why a scary movie? I thought you hated this genre." I stared at Louie to make sure he was serious.

The sadness in his eyes don't match the arrogant smirk he always had on his face.

"Because I want to know you better."

What he meant rung in my mind as I recalled that tactic to be mine...

"We know each other so well though..." I backed up a little when he leaned his face down to mine.

"Not enough." He whispered and grab my waist.

"Louie- AH!" I was swung to the couch as he hopped beside me.

"Let's get started!" He chuckled as he placed the disc in the player.

I gaped at him in disbelief but turned to the TV anyways.

It was one of my favorites, Cabin in the Woods, even though it wasn't the scariest, it was something different. Like the roles were being flipped and...

I noticed his grin from the corner of my eye. He shivered with anticipation, and I scooted closer.

"Louie, you don't have to do this..."

He wrapped his arm around me and stuff his face in my hair.

"Celia, I know so much about you yet I don't."

"That makes sense." I snickered and he hugged me closer.

"What do you think about me?"

That question caught me off guard, so I answered a little bit too quickly.

"Louie, I think you're-"

"No don't answer, I don't ever want to know..."

"You're making so much sense today."

He chuckled and looked me in the eyes.

"You're showing so much sass, something good definitely happened recently." He poked my cheek with his pointy finger and I gulped.

My eyes widened for a split second and I struggled to not spill my excitement/embarrassment from my hidden agenda.

"I, I'm surprised you're here that's all. How, how did you get in?"

"I guess that's something you'll never find out." He watched the movie in silence from then on. I did too, but occasionally glanced at him in confusion as I thought about this little surprise movie night.

I got the feeling of emptiness coming and I had no idea why....

No.

I know why.

I just don't want it to be true.

"Wasn't it funny when the roles are flipped?" Louie noted after the movie was over, he closed his eyes and smiled at the credits screen.

"Louie tell me what is going on!" I grabbed his shoulders and his ocean green eyes opened to meet my sky ones.

"I've always watched you." He stood up straight from the couch, knocking me back a little.

He headed for the front door as I stared at him in confusion.

He always say that!

"Louie, don't... I'm not stupid, I know you are leaving..."

"I hoped you learned the true nature of me." He didn't turn around and I'm forced to meet his stern back.

"I learned you are a selfless person, and a great friend-" The lump in my throat was starting to form and the moment I said 'friend,' Louie spun around.