Chapter 24 - Confronting Mom

Previously On Gossip Girl...

"Miss. Blair, try to talk to your mom. If you say it a right way, she'll listen." Lucy told me, I have her a small smile and nodded. She rubbed my back as she walked out of the kitchen.

Maybe I should talk to my mom.

Will she listen though?

***

Blair's P.O.V

"Mom, can I talk to you?" I asked walking down the stairs. She was currently on the couch writing down ideas for her next fashion line.

"Sure sweetie, what is it?" She asked not looking up from the notebook.

"Mom, please give me your full attention." I told her sitting down next to her.

"Okay, you have my attention." She said taking her glasses off and setting them down next to the notebook.

"Okay, you know how you asked me how my Yale interview thing went?" I asked her, she confusedly nodded her head not seeing where I was going. "Well, I didn't go to it."

"What? Why not? It's everything we need to make you successful." She told me, not knowing why I didn't go even though we've had a terrible conversation about it a few days ago.

"No, mom. It's everything you want and need for me. I don't want to do anything of this. I want to go to NYU. I want you to be proud of me but I want to make my own decisions. I want you to take me seriously, and I want you to love me more than you love Sierra. I want you to be my mom and support me no matter what and not say you'd rather have my friend has a daughter other than me." I told her, I was getting choked at the end of it. I had to tell her how I felt, if I didn't. It would've ended badly.

When she didn't say anything I stared getting worried, then I seen her eyes cloud up. "Sweetie, I'm sorry that I've never listened to you. I should be there for you since your dad is gone, I didn't mean what I said a while back about Sierra. I only want you as my daughter." She said,

I felt a tear roll down my cheek then she embraced me in a hug. "I never want you to feel like that again, okay?" I nodded not trusting my voice, "always talk to me from now on." I still only nodded and hugged her back tighter.

This is what I've always wanted, a mother I can count on and come to when I need too. Someone I can trust who isn't Sierra or Chuck or anyone like that. A family member I can count.

Nothing can ruin this moment, not even Gossip Girl. But what worries me is that Gossip Girl has been quiet the last two days, which isn't normal for her.

"How about we go shopping and then you help me with my new line?" My mom asked, I wiped my eyes and nodded.

I quickly rushed upstairs to get ready, once I was done getting dressed (outfit above) I quickly rushed back downstairs.

My mom was waiting by the elevator for me, I smiled at Lucy before I stepped in behind my mom. Today is going to be perfect.

💋💋

"I think you want the back to be longer." I told my mom as we say on the couch looking at the sketches people had drawn.

Suddenly the elevator dinged catching our attention. Sierra walked into the living room and looked at my mom and I.

"Oh, Sierra. I forgot to tell you, take the day off. It's just a day for Blair and I." My mom told Sierra, I smiled and started looking at more drawings.

"Oh, are you sure?" Sierra asked, my mom nodded and handed me another picture.

"This one needs to be a little shorter." I told my mom, she quickly wrote it down in red ink pen on a post it note and put it on the sketch.

I heard Sierra sigh and her heels clicking signaling that she's leaving. I smiled and kept on helping my mom with the drawings.

"How about this one?" My mom asked looking at me.

"This one is perfect." I told her.

She smiled, "I done this one myself." She told me.

💋💋

"I'm going to bed." My mom told me, I nodded and gave her a hug then she went upstairs.

I then sat down on the couch again and Lucy walked in, "I told you." She told me as she walked into the room.

"Thank you." I told her, she nodded and walked out of the room.

Today couldn't have been more perfect. My mom turned down Sierra for me!

I got my phone out to see gossip girl is back...

Goodnight upper east sider's, Gossip Girl Here. It's been a while, I've been very busy but I have some details for everyone. Sierra's 2nd mom doesn't want anything to do with her any more, it's now about her very own daughter. Congrats B, you finally got the mom you wanted. It's late so I'll tell everyone the rest later. Goodnight... You know you love me.

Xoxo,
Gossip Girl