Chapter 3

Jimin's POV

"This is the guest room, I hope it's okay", I said, sounding a little bored, which I wasn't. I was tense. Technically I didn't care what people thought of me, but I was supposed to live with these people. I tried to be nice – though it usually didn't work – and I hoped they could see that I had cleaned up and cleared some space from them.

"Ah, it's great!" Sumin said and put her bags on the bed. I grimaced mentally: I hadn't even carried her bags, I was such a gentleman. "But", she looked around, "it's a little small for both me and Kookie."

"Huh?" I asked, not getting what she was saying.

Jungkook poked my side and pointed at himself, mouthing Kookie, and I felt so stupid. Of course it was him, who else would it be? Her imaginary friend?

That would've been entertaining...

I shook my head, turning to face Jungkook who stood in the doorway, looking awkward. "You are going to have to sleep in my room with me." I wished I could've put him sleeping to my mom's room, yet I didn't want to see how she would react when she finally came back and saw a young boy sleeping in his bed.

Maybe she would hate you so much and never come back.

Oh, believe me, she's not coming back because of me. Ever.

Jungkook frowned and looked at his friend. "Can I have a word with you?"

I took that as a sign to leave. I walked past Jungkook and leaned on the wall next to the door. Jungkook pushed the door a little closer, leaving it just a little open, so I could still easily hear them.

"I can't share a room with him", Jungkook hissed.

Wow, thanks. I was that bad already?

"Why not? He's nice."

I smiled. The next second my smile fated. She would be disappointed with me in a week or so...

"I know, I know. I would be happy to share a room with him, but I can't!"

"Why not? I can't share a room with him. I'm a girl, I need privacy."

I heard Jungkook sigh. "You girls and your privacy... Boys need privacy too!"

"Okay. Then look at it this way: you're the same sex as him, you'll work everything out. Boys get along well, right?"

"Not always! That's not my point."

I was getting bored listening them talking about who would stand me longer. As I started to push myself off of the wall and leave I heard Jungkook begging voice.

"Please. I can't."

I stopped and leaned closer to the door.

"Tell me why then!"

"I... I talk in my sleep."

I almost burst into laughter. I opened the door a little more and peeked my head through the gap. "If that's your only problem, we're going to get along well."

Jungkook didn't look pleased now that he knew I had been listening. "It's not my only problem."

Clearly not. "Well, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that your mother is sick and my mother is nowhere to be found. I'm sorry that my house isn't a hotel that has big rooms and golden doorknobs. You'll have to live with it, because I'm sorry, but I didn't invite you here." I turned around and walked he stairs down to the living room. I sat on the couch and reached for the remote. As soon as I got it, it was taken for me and put back. I glanced, annoyed, at the person who had interrupted my moment when I was pissed and wanted to watch some TV. That nobody loved me didn't mean I was nice to people. I had realized that however I acted, I always did something wrong. I had tried to be nice at these people but that was pointless, apparently.

My eyes landed at Jungkook who was staring at me. "Why did you do that?"

"You can't run away, you have to listen to me."

I crossed my arms to my chest and exhaled loudly. "Why?" I knew I was being a bitch. I was just so tired of people treating me like this. In school or with my mom I was able to stand with it because I never had to be with them for along time. But Kookie and Sumin were going to live with me and I was feeling anxious already.

Jungkook had felt like something else when I had first seen him. Was he just the exact same as everyone, because that's what it seemed like to me know? These kinds of situations were the story of my life. Same thing has happened with my current friends. I had become friends with them a long time ago, then they had noticed they didn't like me. The difference was that they had realized that too late and now were stuck with me and were too scared to tell me to get lost.

Sad life, huh? I didn't think was enough to describe mine.

Jungkook still had time to hate me from the start and was getting the joy out of it.

"Because you didn't give me time to explain myself!" He looked like he was done with me being a child but I wasn't done being a child and this was my house.

"Why? You don't want to share a room with me and I understand that. To be honest I wouldn't share a room with myself if that was possible but you're going to have to. Unless you want me to move to the guest room and you want to sleep with your friend. But think about this. She's a girl."

Jungkook looked at me like he hadn't listened half of what I had just said. "What did you mean by that?"

I raised my brows. "That she is going to talk about boys and gossip with her friends in your shared room and won't –"

Jungkook interrupted me by saying: "Not that. What did you mean when you said that even you wouldn't sleep in the same room as you?"

"Nothing." That I was almost all the time so sick of myself. "I don't talk in my sleep. If I remember correctly that was the thing that stood in the way of sharing a room."

"You're an idiot. You still haven't let me explain!" he shouted.

I was a little pulled back. I hadn't expected him to care so much about explaining. Most people shrugged and left. Why did he not do the same? I took a blank expression. "Fine. Explain."

"Thank you." He took a seat form the next couch, a little too close for my liking. I hadn't gotten used to people wanting to be so close to me. "I didn't mean it like I didn't want to be in the same room as you. I just don't want you to be up all night while I turn around and talk loudly."

"Oh." This wasn't really about me? I wasn't sure if I was buying that. "Why is this sleep talking so big deal to you? I said I was fine with it."

He looked so worried that it' was kind of cute. "I don't want you to regret sharing a room with me."

Trust me, I won't be the one regretting.