Chapter 55

A/N: Enjoy this. I'll be back in the end of September. Please read my A/N at the end. Love you all, and I hope you can wait for me! (Warning: this chapter has some sexual content (because I wanted to leave you with a nice chapter ;) ), so if you don't want to read it, close your eyes at the * mark and skip to the next *). Please vote and comment!

Jungkook's POV

Before actually going to bed, I was sure I would've fallen asleep before my head even hit the mattress. But then I got into the bed and Jimin in my arms, and I just couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see my dream and all the horrible things my dad was going to do to Jimin. I hadn't been able to do anything. It was as if I was behind a glass wall and they couldn't hear me, no matter how loudly I screamed. And now that Jimin was back in my arms, I never wanted to let go. I couldn't let go. I pressed my nose into his hair and breathed in his scent, the whole night.

When the sun got up, I realized how big of a trouble I was in. It was Friday, which meant I needed to get up and go to school. With the little sleep I had gotten before the nightmare, it felt like an impossibility. My head felt heavy and so did my whole body.

I groaned in despair when Sumin knocked on our door and let us know we'd have to get up. I let Jimin turn around to face me sleepily but then tightened my grip from his waist. If it was up to me, I wasn't leaving this bed today. And Jimin wasn't doing that either, I wasn't going to let him. His fingers were cold when he sank them into my hair.

"Good morning", Jimin whispered and pressed his head against my chest.

My heart felt like it was going to explode. I had missed this so much, Jimin so close to me, his breath fanning over my skin, his soft lips on my skin. I felt my eyes sting from unshed tears and I wrapped myself around Jimin like a koala. This kind of closeness made me sleepy. Jimin was fine. My father wasn't here. Maybe I could finally s–

"What are you doing?" Jimin laughed softly. He pushed my legs off from around him. "Baby, I can't breathe with you around me like that."

"I'm sorry." I wasn't. I bent down and pressed my head on the crook of his neck. Okay, now I could –"

"Jungkookie, we need to talk."

I groaned and held him tighter.

"I'm serious", Jimin said with a voice that wasn't so sweet anymore and I knew he was being completely serious.

I took in the last breath of Jimin's scent and then lifted my head back up. "I know."

Immediately there were hands on my cheeks, rubbing worried circles on them. "Why do you look like this?" As much as I hated seeing Jimin worried, I couldn't help but feel happy. We were close again. We would have to talk and figure some things out but the worst was behind us.

I just smiled. "I'm a little tired. It's fine." I'd be this tired for the rest of my life if it meant I never had to let go of Jimin.

"It's not. Why didn't you sleep?! You didn't sleep last night either!" He hit my arm lightly and pouted. "Jungkook, we need to talk a lot today. You can't be a total zombie for that."

I'm not a zombie, I was about to say but a yawn stopped me.

Jimin raised his brows.

I let my head drop down in shame. "I couldn't sleep, okay?" I felt a need to explain myself because I didn't want Jimin to think that I was creating ways to avoid talking with him. I wanted to talk with him, I wanted us to go back to normal and maybe even better.