Chapter 14

Jimin's POV

I went to my room after taking a shower and saw Jungkook laying on his stomach, face pressed to the pillow. He was muttering into his pillow but I couldn't tell what he was saying. I tiptoed to his bed and leaned closer. As I was about to scare him, water dropped from my hair on his bare neck. He flipped around and looked at me with eyes that seemed too big.

He didn't seem scared, though. He... Well, I couldn't exactly tell what he was thinking but he swallowed hard.

"What?" I asked with raised brows.

He frowned. "Personal space, dude." He pushed me away from my shoulder and left the room, holding his head down.

Okay? I hadn't even been that close. I shook my head and decided to get dressed.

I went downstairs after changing, feeling really hungry. I went to the kitchen and glanced at Sumin and her friends before opening the fridge.

"You found a shirt", Sumin said

I blushed. I hadn't known Sumin brought her friends here today, otherwise I would've put my shirt on before entering the house. I wasn't sure why they all had been staring at me, even Jungkook. Was it because I looked good or because I didn't? I swallowed the lump on my throat and tried to think about anything else.

"Did you not cuddle with Jungkook or why was he being so grumpy when he left?" Sumin asked.

I shut the fridge probably too forcefully and faced Sumin with the most fakest smile on earth on my face. "What?"

"He left. Not sure where."

I pressed my lips together hard. "That's not what I whatted at."

"Oh. The cuddling thing, then? You looked so cute together." She and her friends smiled widely but I couldn't bring myself even to smile a fake smile anymore.

"You didn't talk to Jungkook about this?"

"I did tease him, but he blushed at left pretty soon."

Why had he done that? Was he that embarrassed of being caught sleeping in the same bed as me? Was he embarrassed about me? I didn't understand. I had thought we were good. Though, he had been acting very weirdly today. Sadness started to fill my insides again. But why had he been hugging me in the morning then? I wanted to understand. And cry a little.

I pushed everything away to the point where I started to feel the same numbness that had been gone today and last night. "You teased him, but you didn't talk to him?"

"Exactly."

Fuck. "Well..." I run my fingers through my wet hair and Sumin's friends' eyes followed my moves. It was very strange and made me feel uncomfortable. "I wasn't supposed to tell you this but –"

"ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER BECAUSE I TOTALLY GUESSED THAT?!"

I had a huge urge to hit my head on the nearest wall. "Um, no!"

"Why not?" Sumin's brown-haired friend said. "You two would look cute together."

I was pretty sure she hadn't been there this morning and hadn't seen me and Jungkook even standing next to each other more than a few seconds. I narrowed my eyes at her. "We're not together." I eyed Sumin badly as well. "We're actually nothing to each other, so shut up! We're not even friends, really. We're nothing!"

As I was done shouting, I realized Sumin or her friends weren't looking at me anymore. They were looking at the door. I turned my head and saw Jungkook standing the already closed door behind him. I hadn't heard him coming back.