Chapter 20

Jimin's POV

The next morning was different in two ways. Firstly, our legs were tangled and we had arms around each other. Jungkook's arm was under my head and I was so sure he couldn't feel it anymore, but it made me smile that he hadn't pulled it away. Our faces were inches apart and I looked at him for a long time. He looked so peaceful and cute. I wasn't sure why it was different but it just felt like it. I could see his features clearly because the sun had already been obviously up for a while now. Which brought us to the second way why this morning was different: Sumin wasn't shouting at us to wake up.

I loved weekends.

Right now I didn't want to think about how Jungkook was going to drag me to that damn party. And to be honest, if I had wanted to think about that, I don't think I could've since the boy laying next to me took all my attention. I didn't quite believe that someone so cute could like me – and I knew the times of doubt would come but I hoped I could get over them.

His hair was a mess and it was pointing at every direction. I could feel his smooth skin under my hands and I was so glad that he hadn't put on that shirt. The smile that had started to rise on my face fell when I moved my hands just a little. The bumps of the scars made me feel super sad and I wanted to hold him closer but I was afraid he would wake up.

I tried not to think about the scars and focused on his face. His lips were pink and his mouth a little open, and I found myself leaning in before blinking and pulling back. Which wasn't much since Jungkook's arm were so tight around me. I didn't complain, though.

I still wanted to touch him somehow so I raised my hand slowly and ran my fingers through his hair. It was soft and it made me want to sink my fingers even more deeply to it. So that's what I did. I soothed his hair down and then pushed it the other way so it was a mess again.

When Jungkook moved, I immediately took my hand away and pressed it back to his waist. "What are you doing?" he asked, sounding drowsy. He snuggled his head against my neck and I was able to feel his breath. Holy shit.

I bit my lip. "Nothing. Are you still tired?"

He shook his head. "Not really. I don't think I've slept this long in a very long time."

"Why?"

Jungkook moved again and turned me around so I was on my back and he was on top of me. He placed his legs on the both sides of my waist, his hands on my waist. I didn't breathe. My breath was stuck in my throat and I could feel Jungkook's mouth moving against my neck as he spoke.

"Because..." He lifted himself up so he could look at me and I blushed. He had a small, a little sad, smile on his face but eyes filled with thankfulness. "Because after my nightmares I didn't usually sleep that much. Or didn't want to."

An oh escaped from my lips. It's not that Jungkook hadn't had a nightmare last night – he had and I had woken up to his yelling and legs kicking me. It was that he got enough comfort from me to fall asleep again.

Though, maybe anyone could be enough for him.

No. I closed my eyes for a second. He liked me and that's all that mattered. As I opened my eyes, Jungkook's face was even closer than before, and he kissed me cheeks. My cheeks were burning and Jungkook grinned down at me before rolling off of me and leaving the room. I heard the bathroom door get locked.

I let out a long, shaky breath and got up as well. My eyes caught the mirror and I noticed I should stop working out more because I had been lazy since Sumin and Jungkook came. Otherwise I would become the fat person Tae had expected me to be. Maybe I should start eating less...