Chapter 22

Jimin's POV

My heart had been beating fast.

And then it had stopped for a few seconds,

before starting to beat like crazy again.

I had kissed Jungkook.

And my mind still couldn't fully understand it. When we walked around the house, hands laced together, looking for Sumin, my mind was not on the missing girl. It should've been and I knew that but I couldn't help it. My lips were tingling and adrenaline pulsing through my veins. The events before the kiss were a little foggy. I remembered the girl and the panic rising to my head and how I had been afraid that I would pass out if she got any closer. But then I had heard Jungkook's voice and there had no longer been panic. I had been able to get away and to be held by him. My shaking body had been so relieved of his presence. It always was.

When I had leaned in with complete certainty, after realizing I didn't have the faintest idea why I hadn't kissed him yet or why I was so scared of doing something I wanted to do so bad, my heart had been beating so loud I was afraid the people in the room filled with blasting music would bee able to hear it.

When I had pressed my lips against his, my heart had stopped beating, waiting for his response. I had enjoyed the feeling of his warm lips but at the same time I had been scared that I had screwed things up. Maybe, even after the confessions and everything, he didn't want to kiss me. My head had came up with a thousand different ways he could push me off and say something that would've left me feeling even more alone than I had ever felt.

When I had felt his lips moving against mine, I swore it was the best feeling. And even when him responding to my kiss had took less than a second, the relief had washed over me so roughly I felt my head go to the clouds. If it wasn't already there, because of Jungkook's soft lips against mine. He had pulled me closer and I had smiled against his mouth. The feeling of someone wanting to kiss me back was so fantastic that I would've not been disappointed to die after that, feeling like I had already felt the best feeling.

But, yet still in heaven, I knew I would've missed the taste of his lips.

The picture of Jungkook smiling down at me after the kiss was something I would hold on to not only in the dark moments in my life but also in goods, I already knew that. It was something so beautiful and linked so strongly to the feeling I knew I would cherish the memory for a long time. But right now I needed to push it down and find Sumin.

Jungkook and I looked around the house for a while and finally found her sitting legs crossed on the guestroom bed with her friends. I froze when I saw the girl who had tried to kiss me but Jungkook smoothed his thumb over my knuckles lovingly so I moved my gaze from her to Sumin.

"Are you ready to leave?" I asked, drawing her attention to me.

"Already?" she asked and whined a little. It made me raise my brows a little to the realization that she had drunk, just a little but still.

"We're really tired, Sumin", Jungkook said.

We.

"Okay..." She got up and said goodbyes to her friends before following us down the stairs and then out of the door. Sumin walked next to Jungkook and she didn't sway at all which was something I was really happy about. She had been responsible and I was proud.

The night had already got cold and our breaths formed little clouds to the air. I didn't really feel the cold air with Jungkook's warm hand in mine. We kept glancing at each other and sharing secrets smiles that slipped away as soon as Sumin looked at us. We had made a silent agreement that we would tell Sumin tomorrow – she would freak out and it was already scaring me a little. Or maybe she would find out before we had time to tell. She had a habit of guessing what was going on.