Chapter 25

Jimin's POV

I took a long shower. I let the warm water relax me and my already aching muscles. Showering was nice, I had always liked it. When my mum had still cared enough to stay for a night, I had always gone to the shower to cry because no one heard or saw. Now I didn't feel like crying, though. I was happy. I had Jungkook, I had Sumin and maybe, maybe I had Yoongi, too. I didn't know yet what all that would become but he was nice and had noticed stuff about me when I had thought no one paid attention.

And Jungkook. Just the thought of him made me smile and feel all warm. I pressed my head against the fogged glass and just stood there, smiling for a second. He was so nice to me, no idea why or how. But somehow he was, and he was perfect in his own way.

After a while I got out of the shower and changed into the clothes I had brought with me to the bathroom. I was still drying my hair when I opened the bedroom door only to see that Jungkook was his back to me and sitting in front of his laptop. He was humming in agreement and I walked closer to see what he was doing but as soon as I saw he was skyping or something with some people I stepped back, not wanting to be seen on the camera. But I was already seen, because the people pointed at their screens and Jungkook whirled around, tugging the other earphone out of his ear.

"Hey", he said and smiled.

"Hey, sorry." I grimaced. "I didn't mean to interrupt you and... them."

"You didn't interrupt anything, they are my friends from my old school."

"Oh."

"Do you want to say 'hi'?" He said and offered me his other earphone.

I shook my head. All those eyes in me? Even through the computer I would've not liked it, and I would not have known how to act. Had Jungkook told them about us? Which reminded me, I still hadn't told Jungkook that Yoongi knew. "But remind me later that I have to tell you something."

He looked like he understood. "Okay."

I dried my head a little, then went to take the towel back to the bathroom to dry. When I came back I took my schoolbooks and sat on the bed. I didn't really listen to what Jungkook was talking about but it caught my attention when he said: "Oh, it was Jimin."

I raised my head and watched Jungkook blush. "He's... Sumin's cousin."

Oh, so I'm just a friend's cousin. I'm okay with that. Even though he has never mentioned his friends before, he seems kind of close with them, maybe... I didn't know, really. At least close enough to call. And I was the one to tell about us first to a guy I felt like we were becoming closer. I'm fine. Totally fine. Actually now that I thought about it, Jungkook had never talked about his life back home...

I shook my head. This was all for nothing. Jungkook said he felt uncomfortable about telling other people, too, so why would he tell his friends now? His friends so his decision. I would have no saying in that.

I decided to focus on my math books again but something, which didn't really come to me as a surprise, came to me: I didn't get math unless Jungkook was explaining every single step to me. At class Jungkook looked at me so proudly if I managed to one exercise alone, and that happened sadly seldom. I glanced at Jungkook who was staring at the screen and cleared my throat. "Jungkook."

He didn't hear me.

"Jungkook", I said a little louder.

No response.

"JUNGKOOKIE!"

He whirled around. "What?"

"Can you help me when you're done?" I asked in a sweet way and smiled.