Chapter 12

Jimin's POV

I didn't come out of my room for the rest of the even. I heard Sumin returning and then vacuuming from downstairs. She even came to my room with a plate filled with food but it was still on the nightstand, now completely cold. I didn't feel like eating. I stared at the ceiling, thinking about philosophic shit about its whiteness again. I was glad that Jungkook didn't try to talk to me. At least that's what I told myself. Part of me was a little sad.

But it was only wishful thinking. He didn't care that much about me, I was sure about that.

I felt empty. I was out of tears and so tired of the constant crying. Jungkook was right, that's why I had been so mad. I was weird, and not weird in a good way. I flipped onto my stomach and thought for screaming to the pillow for a second but gave up the idea because Sumin and Jungkook could hear.

I was a terrible person. I had been so caught up in my own stupid crying that I hadn't even asked Sumin how her mother was doing. I guessed she was okay since Sumin hadn't told me anything but it would've been polite to ask. Maybe she didn't felt comfortable telling people anything if they didn't ask, like she was burdening them. I sometimes felt like that, though no one usually cared how I was doing.

Except Jungkook and that was only a lie. He didn't care.

I spend a good amount of time wondering why Jungkook was so curious about me. He didn't like me, because he acted like a jerk, adding that to the fact that nobody liked me. Did he just want to torture me with his endless questions? That didn't make any sense now that I had a ton of questions to ask from him.

I groaned into the pillow. Jungkook was so frustrating and hard to understand.

In other words a lot like me.

There was a quiet knock on the door. The sudden sound made me jump to a sitting position on my bed and fix my hair a little.

The door opened and Jungkook's head peaked from the gap. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Mind if I come in?" he asked quietly. He looked very uncomfortable standing outside the room and he seemed to look everywhere except my eyes. His gaze wondered around the dark room. I had turned the lights off at some point because they had started to hurt my swollen eyes.

I waved around and collapsed on the bed again. "It's your room, too", I said, just like last time he had asked such thing.

"I know..." he said and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. I lifted my head enough to see he was only in his towel, the other one covering his arms again. I almost scoffed at his behavior. I let my head fall back onto the pillow without a sound.

"Jimin?"

I didn't respond. I had heard my name asked in that same questioning voice about a hundred times by now and I felt like it usually didn't lead into anything good.

I knew Jungkook was looking at me. He sighed heavily and walked to his bed. "Jimin, I'm sorry", he said softly, but sounding a little desperate.

But I had heard those words before and didn't trust them at all. I turned my head to a weird angle to glance at Jungkook who wasn't looking at me anymore. He was facing the wall, pulling a white shirt over his head. I couldn't see him clearly in the dark but enough to see that his back looked great which only made me feel worse. He had seen me in my boxers and I was positive I hadn't done anything for a while. I did a mental note to go for a jog tomorrow that was not for crying.

Or maybe it was. I hadn't jogged in so long I might shed a few tears.

I watched him disappearing from the room with his towels and come back after 20 seconds with empty hands. He had his arms behind him as he met my gaze and walked to my bed and leaned over me. He frowned at my expressionless face. "What can I do to make you believe I'm sorry?"